Id Shark Tooth

falcondriver

I found this tooth about 2 months ago, I'm told lower eagleford (britton shale)location- I dont grasp the different locations and levels of the Cretaceous layers. I read Rogers book and I guess a trip to the book store to look for a copy of Fossils hunting for idiots is in order, cause I dont get it?. I was trying to look it up in Rogers book but I'm not sure. I would appreciate any help.

FD

post-435-1213653571_thumb.jpg

post-435-1213653582_thumb.jpg

post-435-1213653593_thumb.jpg

post-435-1213653602_thumb.jpg

post-435-1213653612_thumb.jpg

Looks like a pretty good size squalicorax. My dad found one about that size down there where you hunt awhile back.

As for that book, Theres things that can be confussing. The best part of the book is the ID'ing. Tons of good pictures.

Looks like a pretty good size squalicorax. My dad found one about that size down there where you hunt awhile back.

As for that book, Theres things that can be confussing. The best part of the book is the ID'ing. Tons of good pictures.

Thats what I thought at first, I guess the size suprised me.

Thanks

FD

I would narrow it further and say it is likely Squalicorax falcatus. Nice size for the species.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Archived