4 More Items I'd Appreciate Help With

Chuck in SW Florida

I hope i'm not being a pest? I am enjoying this, but really have no knowledge at all.

I found these 4 items on my 3rd outing. I've made 4 Peace River hunts now.

I tried to get clear pictures. I know one item is a shark tooth and it appears to be pretty common. What kind is it?

These other items are interesting looking, whatever they may be? <_<

Thanks everyone!

post-470-1213750273_thumb.jpg

post-470-1213750287_thumb.jpg

post-470-1213750294_thumb.jpg

post-470-1213750307_thumb.jpg

post-470-1213750318_thumb.jpg

post-470-1213750324_thumb.jpg

from left to right ..the base of a deer antler, vert of some type, shark tooth probably Bull or Dusky, turtle shell

Can someone post a photo of a more complete 'gator vert, so that Chuck (and I) can get a better understanding? It really helps the learning curve, particularly with some of the more fragmentary items posted for ID. Thanks!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 2 months later...

This appears to be the same thing. I always wondered what kind of vert it was.

SANY0092-1.jpg

and

SANY0093-1.jpg

Pics are a little washed out. Im not an expert w/ the camera by any means.

Dave 1.0

Winter Haven, FL

I hunt the peace river. I Love it.

Gator and croc are very distinct, they have one very convex end and one concave end or each of their vertebra...I can get some good pictures tomorrow of one that I found if somebody doesn't do so before then.

Here is a picture of a better crocodile vert.

That's a beauty, thanks!

I wonder whether Phytosaurs had similar verts?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

hope im not crashing this thread but after seeing a few examples of these gator verts i saw a similarity between these and one of my micro fauna fossils..... What do you all think? could it be, i pulled out a baby gator tooth so its possible, but im not good with vertabrea....maybe it could be lizard? i dont know.....whats your opinion?

post-142-1219655574_thumb.jpg

post-142-1219655586_thumb.jpg

post-142-1219655597_thumb.jpg

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

hope im not crashing this thread but after seeing a few examples of these gator verts i saw a similarity between these and one of my micro fauna fossils..... What do you all think? could it be, i pulled out a baby gator tooth so its possible, but im not good with vertabrea....maybe it could be lizard? i dont know.....whats your opinion?

Depends on the size...

I would think that if it's smaller than 5mm, it couldn't be 'gator.

This has nothing to do with identifying the specimens, but I just now got around to this post and I cracked up looking at Karnuvore's pictures. I'm used to seeing folks use coins, rulers, pencils, etc., to illustrate the size of their specimens, but this was the first time I saw a Budweiser bottle cap used. A truly cool and unique thing! I loved it.

Depends on the size...

I would think that if it's smaller than 5mm, it couldn't be 'gator.

well its 6mm...... what could it be from? any ideas....should i post it in the ID sections?

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

It's from an Indistinct Terrapod - otherwise known as an "intro".

It's an intro vert.

GROAN