My Fossil Collection

Paleoworld-101

These are pictures from my epic fossil collection, which i started when i was 10 by purchasing a fish fossil. I'm currently almost 16, and i have over 200 specimens (not all in the photos), over $2250 in value and ranging from dinosaurs to mammals, fish to invertebrates, plants to amber and everything in-between!

Photo 1- Alligator tooth, Mosasaurus teeth, Dyrosaurus tooth (crocodile), Sirrocopteryx tooth (Pterosaur), Hell creek dino bone (top left)

post-5373-0-86384700-1301395749_thumb.jpg

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Photo 2- Spinosaurus teeth, Plesiosaurus tooth, Saltasaurus eggshell piece, Snake vertebra, Dino coprolite and dino bone fragments at the top.

post-5373-0-26702200-1301395880_thumb.jpg

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

Photo 3- Velociraptor teeth, Spinosaur teeth (top)

post-5373-0-06837900-1301396255_thumb.jpg

Photo 4- Hadrosaur vertebrae, Carcharodontosaurus tooth, Sarcosuchus tooth, Alligator scute, Edmontosaurus rib (part of it, top left).

post-5373-0-04865400-1301396315_thumb.jpg

Photo 5- Unidentified therapod tooth, Spinosaur teeth, Triceratops tooth (top left), Stegosaurus plate section (part of it seen on far right).

post-5373-0-25073200-1301396506_thumb.jpg

Photo 6- My "Dinosaurs And Reptiles" shelf

post-5373-0-44050100-1301396643_thumb.jpg

Photo 7- Shark teeth, Ray tooth, Fish tooth, Dire Wolf metapodial

post-5373-0-76853700-1301396735_thumb.jpg

Photo 8- Fish tooth, Ray tooth, Deer jaw piece, mammal coprolite (top right), large shark tooth

post-5373-0-05643900-1301396809_thumb.jpg

Photo 9- Hemipristis Serra teeth, Megalodon tooth tip, Cave Bear tooth, Xiphactinus fish vertebrae, Enchodus fish tooth, Oreodont tail vert (top right).

post-5373-0-96317900-1301396937_thumb.jpg

Photo 10- Large mammoth tusk fragment, small mammoth tusk fragments, Saw Fish tooth, Tapir tooth.

post-5373-0-46547900-1301397102_thumb.jpg

Photo 11- Cave Bear jaw section, Oreodon tail vert (bottom right), Mammoth bone fragment, Striatolamia shark tooth, Glyptodon scute, Otodus Obliques shark tooth

post-5373-0-80259100-1301397230_thumb.jpg

Photo 12- Dire Wolf metapodial, Mastodon tail vert, Giant Ground Sloth tail vert, Fish (top right)

post-5373-0-10721400-1301397431_thumb.jpg

Photo 13- My "Mammals And Fish" shelf

post-5373-0-59181900-1301397508_thumb.jpg

Photo 14- Spider in amber, Caddisfly in amber, Ammonite, Bi-valve shell

post-5373-0-14601100-1301397608_thumb.jpg

Photo 15- Glossopteris leaves, Petrified wood, Brachiopod, Trilobite, Leaf fossil, Orthoceras fossil

post-5373-0-51325000-1301397692_thumb.jpg

Photo 16- Cicada nymph in amber (8mm)

post-5373-0-87791400-1301397941_thumb.jpg

Photo 17- Leaf in amber (21mm)

post-5373-0-92278500-1301397997_thumb.jpg

Photo 18- My "Invertebrates And Plants" shelf

post-5373-0-38824000-1301398107_thumb.jpg

Photo 19- Edmontosaurus teeth, Icthyosaur vert, Alligator tooth with full root

post-5373-0-81647900-1301398204_thumb.jpg

Photo 20- Edmontosaurus partial rib, hadrosaur bone fragment

post-5373-0-84291900-1301398295_thumb.jpg

Now that is an impressive collection! :o By far one of the biggest vertebrate collections I've seen on the forum. B) Isn't it funny how one fish fossil starts things like these? That's how it happened with me...now the shelves are packed with whale vertebra, trilobites, dinosaur teeth, and who knows what else... ;)

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter

You're curating quantities of paleo coolness!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Simply spectacular specimens. The quality and variety of fossils are fabulous and displayed magnificently. The real test of any great museum is the feeling that you cannot wait to return. That said I'm about to make my second visit through. Let your friends continue to collect video games while you build a collection worthy of a lifetime of research and reward that is priceless.

Welcome aboard and thanks again for joining the forum !! :)

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Archived