My Fossil Collection

Paleoworld-101

What a fantastic collection! I love the way you have them displayed, wonderful! Keep up the good work.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Thanks for all your comments guys, they make me enjoy my collection even more :) By the way, there is a fourth shelf under the "Invertebrates And Plants" shelf with fossils on it that i found myself, but because of my location, the specimens are nothing special (a few brachiopods, sea lily imprints, coral, gastropods and other shells). Ive included a pic of this shelf on the next post, on this post are full shots of the other 3 glass shelves, and yes, i bought pretty much all of these. It seems like many other people are using the IKEA glass detolf cabinet to display their collections, and it's easy to see why :s

Shelf 1- "Dinosaurs And Reptiles"

post-5373-0-51306600-1301463354_thumb.jpg

Shelf 2- "Mammals And Fish"

post-5373-0-14411300-1301463382_thumb.jpg

Shelf 3- "Invertebrates And Plants"

post-5373-0-31595500-1301463411_thumb.jpg

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Shelf 4- "Fossil's I've Found" (including some opal pieces i found from when i went to Lightning Ridge at the front)

post-5373-0-45296500-1301463680_thumb.jpg

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

• 2 weeks later...

:) When you gonna hunt and find your own? :D

I'd love to find my own specimens, but because of where i live the best thing i might find is a gastropod or large brachiopod. I'm so jealous of people in the USA who just find 100's of shark teeth, mammal bones and other teeth in a day or two and just think it's the norm <_<

Very nice collection and, on top of that, extremely well organized => great job.

Pierre

Nice presentation, but you shouldnt neglect your non-vertebrate stuff, they will be just as interesting to most viewers! Nothing wrong with large gastropods and brachiopods. Put some more light on your self-collected fossils and they will shine.

Congratulations... Great collection.... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Hi! Very nice collection you have there. Nicely displayed, labeled, obviously well cared for and appreciated. Very nicely done!

I'd love to find my own specimens, but because of where i live the best thing i might find is a gastropod or large brachiopod. I'm so jealous of people in the USA who just find 100's of shark teeth, mammal bones and other teeth in a day or two and just think it's the norm <_<

The ones you pick up off the ground are the best finds! I only have 20-30 fossils. They are not much but I am proud of every one of them. There is only one fossil I have that I know what it is. The only reason it is known is because of the fine people here!

Chelebele

• 2 years later...

awesome ambers, in particular! i particularly like the cicada nymph, and the piece is just awesome. although, i hate the adult ones, they make loads of noise and scare me when they get spooked and fly into me like a ballistic missile :D but the nymphs are cool. especially since cicadas don't come out from underground till they're adults, so for it to get to a resin flow is pretty rare! :envy:

I'm CRAZY about amber fossils and just as CRAZY in general.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Great collection.

I personally, am proudest of the fossils I find myself.

They may or may not be the most impressive, but I was the first person ever to come in contact with them and that is very special.

Well Done.

It's a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow I really love your collection especially the dinosaur rib. I have been looking for where to buy special dinosaur bones. I also live Sydney. Just wanted to ask what shop you got the Edmontosaurus rib from? Thanks! :)

Archived