A Cretaceous Lobster

MOROPUS

This nice little bug :wub: ,was found by me and a friend on a coastal cliff in Cantabria, northern Spain, several years ago.The other concretion slice, just broke up into zillions like a piece of glass! :( .Although it is a negative print fossil, I manage to id it as Mecochirus Magnus,from the middle cretaceous.

Some years later, we decided to go there again, and the place was literally spreded with fossil hunters. :angry: .Because of this,several disturbances on this cove`s envirommental were made, and the danger of the cliffs (some unconcious hunters injured by rocks), the beach is now forbbiden to fossil hunters. :(

post-62-1213953187_thumb.jpg

post-62-1213953255_thumb.jpg

Look at the head detail

Very interesting! How big is it?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It really is sad that all the 'good decent' people of the world has to pay for the few inconsiderate A@%holes of the world for all kinds of stuff, not just fossil hunting. One of the reasons I left sucksville california. Its amazing how many nice fossil sites ive seen closed off. I keep wondering what what kind of world my great, great grandchildren will have to live in? It wont be pretty!!! and sorry to say MOROPUS, but Im am absolutly spoiled when it comes to the fossil lobsters. Im so used to the nice 3-D ones that I get, that everything else is just so-so to me. Poor me, right? Actually Im just lucky. I dont mean to take anything away from your fossil, but please enjoy these photos.

RB

post-171-1213999098_thumb.jpg

post-171-1213999127_thumb.jpg

This nice little bug :wub: ,was found by me and a friend on a coastal cliff in Cantabria, northern Spain, several years ago.The other concretion slice, just broke up into zillions like a piece of glass! :( .Although it is a negative print fossil, I manage to id it as Mecochirus Magnus,from the middle cretaceous.

Some years later, we decided to go there again, and the place was literally spreded with fossil hunters. :angry: .Because of this,several disturbances on this cove`s envirommental were made, and the danger of the cliffs (some unconcious hunters injured by rocks), the beach is now forbbiden to fossil hunters. :(

post-62-1213953187_thumb.jpg

post-62-1213953255_thumb.jpg

Look at the head detail

"Meyeria magna", please -_-

Archived