Teeth In Matrix

Serack

I've only found 2 or 3 teeth in matrix, so I was very pleased when I picked this up (literally) last week.

It has 3 visible shark teeth and 1 busted up ray tooth

post-462-1214278318_thumb.jpg

post-462-1214278335_thumb.jpg

post-462-1214278350_thumb.jpg

Those are pretty cool. Do you plan to leave as is then?

yah but then, I wouldn't even know what to do even if I wanted to do some work on it.

one of my 3 whole megs had a bit of matrix stuck to the root and I ended up taking a screw driver and hammer to it... It came off, but the root underneath is still discolored.

here's the other one that I find interesting. I found this one a month ago, it's a Galeocerdo. I'm not always good at identifying tigers farther than that unless it's obvious but I suspect aduncus

edit: Oops forgot to add the pic

post-462-1214279216_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
yah but then, I wouldn't even know what to do even if I wanted to do some work on it.

one of my 3 whole megs had a bit of matrix stuck to the root and I ended up taking a screw driver and hammer to it... It came off, but the root underneath is still discolored.

well the color under the matrix is really the normal color and has not discolored the tooth. Light and other factors contribute to altering the appearence of teeth. so really that matrix was preventing the tooth from loosing its original color

Guest bmorefossil
here's the other one that I find interesting. I found this one a month ago, it's a Galeocerdo. I'm not always good at identifying tigers farther than that unless it's obvious but I suspect aduncus

edit: Oops forgot to add the pic

wow looks like there are some great colors on that tooth

I love matrix fossils. This sand tiger is from Aurora- Started at over 10lbs of matrix, only one lobe exposed.

post-332-1214710361_thumb.jpg

this ones from Bowkill :rolleyes: man i love this little bit of matrix! :D

post-142-1214718257_thumb.jpg

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Archived