Memorial Day In Texas

MikeD

Now that I've had a little time to go through my finds from my Memorial Day weekend trip, I am going to attempt to share a few of them with you. If I've blown it on the picture sizing, please let me know. I adjusted brightness and contrast somewhat and reduced the file sizes. Hopefully that was enough.

Anyway, here goes. The first is from Post Oak Creek in Sherman. Some bone fragments, a bunch of teeth, a vertebrae fragment, and some stuff "that looks like it might be something". Number 2 and 3 are blow ups of what might be some kind of crustaceans and some of the better teeth.

The little teeth are from near the North Sulphur River.

The rest are from Lake Texoma, a large ammonite and (I believe) an Inoceramus clam. The pointy thing is an impression of the pointy part at the opening of the ammonite (that is usually not found). The ammonite in matrix is about 5 inches. I forgot to include something in the pic for size reference.

post-534-1214280144_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280158_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280190_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280225_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280624_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280652_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280903_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280923_thumb.jpg

post-534-1214280949_thumb.jpg

Wonderful variety; those two mud bugs are particularly ingrigueing!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter

Looks like you had a real good mem-day! We did too at Point-A dam in Alabama. Now lets see if we can have a great Labor Day Weekend too!!