Meg Or Great White

2thfindr

post-477-1214519972_thumb.jpgpost-477-1214519983_thumb.jpgpost-477-1214519995_thumb.jpg

this tooth is very serrated its 2in from root to tip and the thinkness is a little over half a cm. Is the other specimen a peice of whale bone or petrafied wood. thanks everyone.

UnDeRgRoUnD Fossil Club.

I don't see a bourlette on the tooth, so I gotta say it's a Great White. Those are MUCH tougher to find in FL than megalodons. Nice looking tooth

• I found this Informative 1

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Guest bmorefossil

i would say with out a doubt a great white, no bourlette, the big serrations and the mako looking root.

can you post some larger pictures of the other thing so i may see what it is

post-477-1214523557_thumb.jpgpost-477-1214523566_thumb.jpgpost-477-1214523574_thumb.jpg

i would say with out a doubt a great white, no bourlette, the big serrations and the mako looking root.

can you post some loarger pictures of the other thing so i may see what it is

UnDeRgRoUnD Fossil Club.

Can't tell about the bone/pet wood. When you edit your pics, try it at about 850 wide; it will give us more to work with :) .

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

post-477-1214524402_thumb.jpgpost-477-1214524380_thumb.jpgok heres huge pics. i cant get any bigger without them being terrible. hope this helps

UnDeRgRoUnD Fossil Club.

Guest Nicholas

Shark tooth definitely a great white as everyone else has pointed out, I'm still unsure of your other piece.

ok heres huge pics. i cant get any bigger without them being terrible. hope this helps

Well, I think it would be OK to rule out bone or ivory.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It's a little hard to tell from your photos, but most of the petrified wood I've seen or found shows the end grain as well as the part you are looking at that appears to be wood grain. On yours I really don't see what I would call end grain, so I think, rock. If you can post better quality photos maybe we could make a better determination.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium