Aurora Fossil Fair

lawooten

:jig: Hey who is going to be at Blackbeard’s in Washington, NC on Hwy 17 this year? We fossil collectors get together at the oyster bar. Blackbeard’s has other food for those who do not like seafood. If you’re not hungry come for the company. All of the people who have met there before can tell you it is really great time. We get together with other fossil collectors on Friday night which, seems to be the best time to do this. Megateeth I know you will be there right? Allen who owns Blackbeard’s has made the time we fossil collectors spend at his place really something to look forward to. Hope to see you this year.

From Ernie and Linda Wooten

The best days are spent collecting fossils

• 2 weeks later...

:jig: Hey who is going to be at Blackbeard’s in Washington, NC on Hwy 17 this year? We fossil collectors get together at the oyster bar. Blackbeard’s has other food for those who do not like seafood. If you’re not hungry come for the company. All of the people who have met there before can tell you it is really great time. We get together with other fossil collectors on Friday night which, seems to be the best time to do this. Megateeth I know you will be there right? Allen who owns Blackbeard’s has made the time we fossil collectors spend at his place really something to look forward to. Hope to see you this year.

From Ernie and Linda Wooten

Hi Linda,

Stop by at the fair. Not sure about BB since I am in Newburn this year.

Hi Linda,

Stop by at the fair. Not sure about BB since I am in Newburn this year.

Well and since it is closed from the fire we are gonna need a new spot

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Anyone at the days inn? I guess im all alone this year

Just me and my fossils from today including a 2.5" mako

post-1554-0-09450900-1306546858_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Nice find. I am not at the Days Inn but only about 15 min. away. At home. Hope to meet some forum members at the show tomorrow. Take care.

Nice find. I am not at the Days Inn but only about 15 min. away. At home. Hope to meet some forum members at the show tomorrow. Take care.

Yea I think we should all try and meet up somewhere at a certain time

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Not fair! So not fair!

Ha ha, great find! Was it your best find today?

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Not fair! So not fair!

Ha ha, great find! Was it your best find today?

Yea not much else, a few 1.5"ers and one 1.75" mako

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Yes... sure we should try ;)

Well if you are going to be in the annex we should meet there around 11

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Just back from Aurora. The fair was great, bigger parade than last year. Ran into several forum folk.

An early surprise was a Bear Dog skull I missed picking up last year. Apparently it had been sold but the man who purchased it, had the misfortune of entering the geological record perminently, so it came back. Needless to say I did not let it escape again.

post-1313-0-18069900-1306610575_thumb.jpg

I went to another dealer by the science display room and picked up a Croc snout with big teeth from Morocco.

post-1313-0-78279100-1306610663_thumb.jpg

Went to the Smithsonian with a fossil I collected in Florida and had always assumed was some kind of algae. As it turned out, they IDed it as part of the plasteron of a softshell turtle.

post-1313-0-28999400-1306610823_thumb.jpg

After eating a rather 'different' (but tasty) steak and Cheese sandwich and some homemade ice cream (banana) we left about 12:30 and passed under a shower with a suspicious 'tail' hanging from it.

In all a fun day.

Be true to the reality you create.

Just back from Aurora. The fair was great, bigger parade than last year. Ran into several forum folk.

An early surprise was a Bear Dog skull I missed picking up last year. Apparently it had been sold but the man who purchased it, had the misfortune of entering the geological record perminently, so it came back. Needless to say I did not let it escape again.

post-1313-0-18069900-1306610575_thumb.jpg

I went to another dealer by the science display room and picked up a Croc snout with big teeth from Morocco.

post-1313-0-78279100-1306610663_thumb.jpg

Went to the Smithsonian with a fossil I collected in Florida and had always assumed was some kind of algae. As it turned out, they IDed it as part of the plasteron of a softshell turtle.

post-1313-0-28999400-1306610823_thumb.jpg

After eating a rather 'different' (but tasty) steak and Cheese sandwich and some homemade ice cream (banana) we left about 12:30 and passed under a shower with a suspicious 'tail' hanging from it.

In all a fun day.

Wow Frank,

The skull is SAWEET! And you cant go wrong with the Croc concretion either! Sounds like a pretty good time. I cant wait to see everyone else's pictures and finds and "wins" as well!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

We stayed at the Hampton

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Archived