Hunting Sharks Teeth Nj

-EJ

It seems like some of you hunt NJ.

I was at a stream around Holmdel, NJ about 7 years ago. The remarkable thing is that the last time I visited the stream was in 1979... the stream or the contents had not changed a bit... the property around the stream totally blew me away. The development was unreal.

The question is if anyone has hunted the area around Holmdel and Shark River? How is the hunting now days?

Also, does anyone know if Gerry Case is still around? The last time I was in the area I was told he was... that was 2000 something.

Ed

It seems like some of you hunt NJ.

I was at a stream around Holmdel, NJ about 7 years ago. The remarkable thing is that the last time I visited the stream was in 1979... the stream or the contents had not changed a bit... the property around the stream totally blew me away. The development was unreal.

The question is if anyone has hunted the area around Holmdel and Shark River? How is the hunting now days?

Also, does anyone know if Gerry Case is still around? The last time I was in the area I was told he was... that was 2000 something.

Ed

Hi Ed. The popular stream sites you mention are probably not as productive as when you were there, but you can still find some neat things if you put in the effort or venture off the beaten path a bit. Gerry Case is still around, but I have not run into him lately. He was actually actively collecting fossils up until less than 2 years ago, crawling around the gravel bars and such. But last time I saw him he said he was "done with that".... he is definitely getting up there in age. But he still probably comes out to flier cars and ask to see what people are finding. Good luck if you get out there again.

-steve

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Thank you very much. That totally blows my mind. He was a Camel filerless chain smoker back then. It sounds like he's doing the same old gig... you have to admire that. Following a passion on your terms and making a living at it.

When I visited the stream I was familiar with last... it was just as productive as 20 or so years ago which is what blew me away... but most of us think in geologic terms when it comes to this hobby and it really makes sense.

I have inlaws in NYC... I'll definately be back... sorry for the cleche.

If you can remember this post... please let me know if you have or can find contact for Gerry.

Thanks again.

Ed

Hi Ed. The popular stream sites you mention are probably not as productive as when you were there, but you can still find some neat things if you put in the effort or venture off the beaten path a bit. Gerry Case is still around, but I have not run into him lately. He was actually actively collecting fossils up until less than 2 years ago, crawling around the gravel bars and such. But last time I saw him he said he was "done with that".... he is definitely getting up there in age. But he still probably comes out to flier cars and ask to see what people are finding. Good luck if you get out there again.

-steve