My Collection Of Mosasaur Verts From The Nsr

Foshunter

This is my build a Mosasaur collection. A group I believe are 4 different species of Mosasaurs that were found in the North Sulphur River, Tylosaurus proriger, the larger verts, Clidastes sp., Halisaurus (rare only found one) and an individual (two verts) that is unknown to me that has a different appearance that the others. Hope you enjoy looking as much as I had fun packing all these guys out and giving them a new home--Tom

post-3940-0-08728600-1306696693_thumb.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

You have a lot of them¡¡

How much time did you spent to find all them?

Someday I will be a fossil too.

You have a lot of them¡¡

How much time did you spent to find all them?

Thanks for asking, that is about 25 years of collecting the one that weren't river tumbled and had lost most of their detail.--Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

To the motivated (and well timed) go the spoils!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

GOOD LORD! :startle: :thumbsu:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Im going to have to pay more attention the the broken and worn verts I find, I always just write them off as well and toss them back in, maybe I should hold on to them for ID...

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Impressive collection...

I estimated just shy of a hundred, so about 2 or 3 per year... Not bad.

Impressive collection...

I estimated just shy of a hundred, so about 2 or 3 per year... Not bad.

Decided to count them when I dismantled the collection and there was 176 total, enough to make at least one Mosasaur, the nice thing was as placing them found two misplaced Plesiosaur verts--Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

beautiful collection. what are you going to do with all of them? It would be cool to display them all somehow.

My wife saw them and said I would be divorced if I had all them bones in the house:) But awesome verts my friend... :)

Edited by Tarheel59

My wife saw them and said I would be divorced if I had all them bones in the house:) But awesome verts my friend... :)

I truly understand, that is why they, for the most part, are outside along with the larger ammonites--Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

HOLEY MOLEY that's a LOT of verts!!!!!!!! :wub:

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

oh my goodness! what a collection. My husband and I have been to the NSR once. WE found some nice sharks teeth..rather I did. and he found a partial vertibrae of a shark..so nice in fact tht someone at the last DPS meeting decided they neede it more than us.....oh well! Hope they enjoy it. WE had the joy of finding it. Do you go often to the river? It has been so dry I imagine it is great looking right now. I am a sitter. I like to park my behind and dig and look in a circle around me. Found some nice teeth, pds of ammonite and bachulite that way. No arrowheads yet though...well congrats on your finds and hope you find many more...you really need a bigger pile of verts..haha good evening, Judy