Whale Vert.

fossilman7

i found this in GMR next to a whale squalmosal. this could be a squalmosal, but looks more like a vert. then in inspiration to Rcik, i think could it be a mosasaur bone? what is it? p.s. i will post pictures on my blog so come to here to look. but reply here. thanx! http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php/blog/108/entry-152-whale-vert/

I don't think this piece is mosasaur. It looks more like whale something to me. Just my opinion...

i agree with vertman. that thing you have there ain't from a mosasaur. it's defintely cenozoic

big difference in the age of whales and mosasaurs you would have to look at the age of the formation it was found in

Is that one you found last summer or did you come back? It is most likely whale. The place is littered with whale material. It is broken so hard to tell exactly what it is. I have found exactly two whale verts that are whole.

i know that most fossils in gmr are unassociated, but i found this with another whale squalmoal about the same size two inches apart. can they possibly at all be associated?

i know that most fossils in gmr are unassociated, but i found this with another whale squalmoal about the same size two inches apart. can they possibly at all be associated?

No. Everything in there is all jumbled together. You find cretaceous stuff in the same screen as more recent material.

See if they fit together. Some bones just split apart.

Archived