Id My Gastropods

DLB

DLB,

It would really help in identification if the gastropods were pictured with their aperatures exposes so we could see them. Folds on the columella or dentation on the aperature lips or if there is an umbilicus, etc, helps ID genus. Also, location, age and formation is always helpful information if it is known.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Thay all are from the lincoln creek formation! I had little time to load pics and needed as many on as I could there was a cupple posts I wanted to start ;)

In my opinion, there are two mixed fossil layers.

In th first row, just in the middle, the shell looks like Galeoda sp.(caenozoic era). The first fossil from the left, in the same row, is a Exogyra sp. (typical cretaceous fossil; the preservation is different). There are two moonsnails just in the middle of the pic, and something very similar to two Aturia sp. just in the bottom (both Caenozoic).

Far to the left, a Dentalium sp.(could be Mesozoic or Caenozoic).

A view from the other side of the shells will be desirable for further id's

In my opinion, there are two mixed fossil layers.

In th first row, just in the middle, the shell looks like Galeoda sp.(caenozoic era). The first fossil from the left, in the same row, is a Exogyra sp. (typical cretaceous fossil; the preservation is different). There are two moonsnails just in the middle of the pic, and something very similar to two Aturia sp. just in the bottom (both Caenozoic).

Far to the left, a Dentalium sp.(could be Mesozoic or Caenozoic).

A view from the other side of the shells will be desirable for further id's

Wow you're right on the dentalium is a tusk shell, there is two aturia,and moon snail , as for the rest Im not as shure on ;) thanks for all of the in put !!! I'm vary impressed :)

Wow you're right on the dentalium is a tusk shell, there is two aturia,and moon snail , as for the rest Im not as shure on ;) thanks for all of the in put !!! I'm vary impressed :)

Thanks!

BBut for the others...

It is definitive for their id to see the other side of the shells...If you post them one by one, would be easier...