Show Us Your Riker Mounts!

xonenine

Riker Mounts are fairly new to me, and I enjoyed filling my first one, though I need to re-do it.This one is a collection of some of the shark teeth and associated fossils I was thrilled to get from John/fossilsofnj.

Now we are eager to buy a few cases of Riker Mounts to both organize and display, keep the fossils clean and dust free, and eager to see other Rikers and how folks have used them!

:)

post-4577-0-27003400-1308691247_thumb.jpg

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Rikers are FANTASTIC for this kind of thing. I will be sure to get some pictures of my NJ/non-NJ material that I currently have in rikers as well later tonight.

Is that from the store we went to Carmine? I still haven't gotten around to filling the ones I bought yet, but I do know what's going in them

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Nicely done! I doubt there are many fossil shark collectors that do not have some Riker Mounts somewhere in the house.

Just a suggestion. The general location be it state, river/creek name, etc., and age always adds to the material on display.

Let's see the others when you get them filled.

Nicely done! I doubt there are many fossil shark collectors that do not have some Riker Mounts somewhere in the house.

Just a suggestion. The general location be it state, river/creek name, etc., and age always adds to the material on display.

Let's see the others when you get them filled.

awesome suggestion I will follow, I think I must tack the labels to keep them straighter, and I'll make a nice "header" for it too, with all the collecting info, thanks!

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Rikers rule! I currently have stuff in over 50 of them (assorted sizes and depths), basically by location. It's a lot of fun when a rare location outgrows a small mount and gets to move up a size :)

If I get a little time, I'll photograph a couple examples.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Is that from the store we went to Carmine? I still haven't gotten around to filling the ones I bought yet, but I do know what's going in them

Yep, thats the store, and I went back for another one, now I'll TRY to calm down and wait for the case price!:)

here are ones i have scattered around 3 different rooms right now its so hard to display things so they are basicly just stacked up everywhere haha but here they are. enjoy everyone. the second image is a case of my favorite teeth btw.

post-1554-0-21378800-1308713051_thumb.jpg

post-1554-0-91260600-1308713059_thumb.jpg

post-1554-0-52340700-1308713096_thumb.jpg

post-1554-0-54647700-1308713123_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

amazing collection bmore! Some of your rikers have hinges?I haven't seen these yet...mine just have pins.

amazing collection bmore! Some of your rikers have hinges?I haven't seen these yet...mine just have pins.

They are my favorite, a few years ago you could buy them at michaels but they are since discontinued and im highly upset about that, you can still find them at bed bath and beyond for a heafty price, my favorite are the small ones which have as stand so they can be displayed in an upright position. Thanks for the comment.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Great photos so far! If I was near mine, I would definitely post some pics, but it'll be a couple months!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Had to say, Bmore, that first Riker photo is phenominal. Wow, what a bunch of nice pieces, I'm still drooling. :bow:

Had to say, Bmore, that first Riker photo is phenominal. Wow, what a bunch of nice pieces, I'm still drooling. :bow:

Thanks tell you the truth i just put that tiger one together last night just to fill it up before i sold the rest

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Mostly North Africa (Morocco, Phosphate Plateau). Sharks, Paleocene to Eocene. Mosasaurs, late Cretaceous.

post-6086-0-22933100-1308782426_thumb.jpg

Very nice collections guys... If I was over there I'd be surrounded by shark teeth to... I think they are great :)

Rikers rule! If I get a little time, I'll photograph a couple examples.

Auspex...Look forward to viewing some of your bird fossils too... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Very nice collections guys... If I was over there I'd be surrounded by shark teeth to... I think they are great :)

Auspex...Look forward to viewing some of your bird fossils too... :)

Auspexs rikers....oh my gosh

Oh lets just say i feel they must be legendary

Edited by bmorefossil
gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

I yearn to see a rikers full of Bird fossils too...

Well, I just tried to photograph a couple, and learned that it's hard to do! Reflections, autofocus issues...sorry about the results. I guess I could have taken the glass tops off (duh!), but the idea is to show our Rikers....(that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it).

Here are a couple Pleistocene cases:

One of the Florida Rivers cases (12"X16", 1 3/4" deep):

post-423-0-51464500-1308854699_thumb.jpg

McKittrick, California tarpits (6"X8", 2" deep):

post-423-0-68456300-1308854807_thumb.jpg

Rancho LaBrea, California tarpits (6"X8", 3/4" deep):

post-423-0-81148800-1308854911_thumb.jpg

I'll do more, from some more exotic locations, as opportunity presents. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

wow, Aus, that first case is just amazing!!!!!!!! Thanks!

here are ones i have scattered around 3 different rooms right now its so hard to display things so they are basicly just stacked up everywhere haha but here they are. enjoy everyone. the second image is a case of my favorite teeth btw.

bmore, I had meant to ask what the pathological tooth in the center of case 2 is?

bmore, I had meant to ask what the pathological tooth in the center of case 2 is?

that is a pathological angy i received from DeloiVarden, great tooth, it was a no brainer for my favorite case

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

From locations for which I don't (yet) have much material, here are some small 6"X8" cases:

Kendrick Quarry, Florida Pleistocene:

post-423-0-85482900-1308861784_thumb.jpg

Kaua'i, Hawaii, Pleistocene:

post-423-0-06279900-1308861843_thumb.jpg

Mill, The Netherlands, Miocene/Pliocene

post-423-0-09949000-1308861911_thumb.jpg

Montana, Hell Creek, Cretaceous:

post-423-0-15183300-1308862001_thumb.jpg

North Carolina, Lee Creek, Miocene (I have enough more now to upsize the case):

post-423-0-61491300-1308862139_thumb.jpg

Nieuwvliet, The Netherlands, Miocene (so few... :( ):

post-423-0-06723700-1308862172_thumb.jpg

Rott, Germany, Oligocene (look at all the toe bones!):

post-423-0-28983600-1308862289_thumb.jpg

Hope to find the time to shoot some more :)