Help W/ Oyster I.d. From Michigan And Misc.

brndnb24

post-4750-0-56615000-1314328755_thumb.jpgHey guys, im brand new to this so I apologize if I am wayyyy off. I found some oyster shells, or they appear to be oyster shells in a low lying creek area this spring while mushroom hunting. Im from the Flint, Mi area, and as far as I knew oysters havent been around for quite a while. They may just be some throw-outs from a family meal or something but they appear to have a lot of age to them. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Trying to post more pics if it will let me.

Heres another pic, as you can see the one was found together as one held together but came apart when I was picking it up.

post-4750-0-56308400-1314329309_thumb.jpg

Here are some other finds from the same area that I picked up. They look like agatized bone or coral maybe.post-4750-0-64979700-1314329571_thumb.jpg

I dont think these are very old, but I found them semi buried all near eachother. My only guess is snake or fish?? If its a snake, its got some size for Michigan.

post-4750-0-12297700-1314329849_thumb.jpg

as far as the oysters go, they look like semi-modern ones to me. the fish bones are from a catfish, i think. the rocks in the middle are too hard for me to see to tell if they are more than rocks.

Thanks for the help. I figured the oysters had to be somewhat recent, they had a lot of age as far as calcium buildup or something on them so it had me a little puzzled. Wow, the catfish bones however are pretty cool looking as far as shape goes. Has to be one of the most interesting skull shapes, pretty cool. Thanks again