Mid Devonian / Bivalve/ Pteriomorphia?

xonenine

A find from todays Smoke Creek foray, I have yet to classify any Bivalves, and would appreciate any input.

approx. 45 mm length.

My initial reaction is perhaps Cornellites chemungensis

thanks, Carmine.:)

post-4577-0-01987300-1314485380_thumb.jpg

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

A find from todays Smoke Creek foray, I have yet to classify any Bivalves, and would appreciate any input.

Looks like a dead ringer to me from IFNA. I'd say BINGO and now you have. Congrats! :D:):D

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

wow, thanks Scott, and for the fast reply, too!!!!:)

I thought it was time to start IDing a few more fossils than the trilos and brachiopods. I will get started on learning about some of these and the gastropods I keep ferreting away...:)

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

As you do so I hope you will post some of them for us to see! ;)

thanks, I always get alot from the wide variety of specimens you have displayed for us here also...:)

thanks, I always get alot from the wide variety of specimens you have displayed for us here also...:)

Ah that's the beauty of the Forum, isnt it? -one person puts something up to find out more info and others end up learning as well! Cheers.

Ah that's the beauty of the Forum, isnt it? -one person puts something up to find out more info and others end up learning as well! Cheers.

That's the plan, Stan!

Simple, but magic in its way. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!