Show Us Your Showcases!

MB

Awesome material Worthy!, you really do have a wide variety of stuff! and.....uh wait....wow....what was i talking about?.....i...uh....its almost like my memory was just blanked?! hhahahahaha MIB style?

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Nice stuff! man you gotta let me and Cris come over.

yeah, and keep an eye on their shifty little hands! HAHAHAHA :P

Here are some photos of what I like to call "The Decker Museum of Natural History"

post-40-1207614516_thumb.jpg

post-40-1207614558_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

A couple more. (Some modern skulls for Worthy, and Furbearers of Kansas)

post-40-1207614688_thumb.jpg

post-40-1207614740_thumb.jpg

-Aldo Leopold

This it for now Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!! B)B):D Just added some new fossils thanks to Sharky ,Aron and Dave thanks again guys! B)B):D And one with the Mako and Whale bone is my latest addition from Calf. B)B):D

post-23-1207614190_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207614219_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207614236_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207614255_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207614277_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207614321.jpg

post-23-1207614625_thumb.jpg

post-23-1207614757_thumb.jpg

post-23-1208561477.gif

post-23-1208561509_thumb.jpg

post-23-1208561555_thumb.jpg

post-23-1208561583_thumb.jpg

post-23-1208561618_thumb.jpg

post-23-1208561792_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Oops! Here are the furs along with a partial bison skull, my buckskins, a atl-atl, bow, and percussion cap rifle, and etc.

post-40-1207614806_thumb.jpg

post-40-1207614890_thumb.jpg

-Aldo Leopold

Nice stuff! man you gotta let me and Cris come over.
You guys are always welcome ! B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

Oops! Here are the furs along with a partial bison skull, my buckskins, a atl-atl, bow, and percussion cap rifle, and etc.
Love those pelts, skulls and all that kind of stuff, going to Ebay now to look at some furs !! B)B)B):D

post-23-1207615372.gif

It's my bone!!!

Here are my South Texas points. (They're the only stuff my wife lets me keep in the house!) I don't know why she won't let me use that stuffed snapping turtle as a foot stool in the living room??

post-40-1207615341_thumb.jpg

-Aldo Leopold

There is some great stuff being posted in this thread along with some nice display cases.

With the title being "Show Your Showcases" i figured i'd post some of my cases. I took some pictures of each display and then took a couple random pictures from each.

The one thing that I have found that best fits my needs is a map chest. This case is 4' by 3' holds ten draws which are 2" deep and I have retrofitted the top with a plexy glass cover. These map chests are great for displaying larger teeth and small teeth.

post-337-1207614987_thumb.jpg

Here are some of my megs which sit a top the chest under the plexy glass, the largest tooth is 5.63"

post-337-1207615017_thumb.jpg

Here we have some of my makos, the largest tooth measures 3"

post-337-1207615052_thumb.jpg

Like I said you can store small teeth in here as well. I'm able to fit 20 of these small cases in here which is a great space saver

post-337-1207615070_thumb.jpg

There are a lot of things however that i have not found enough of yet or are to tall to fit in the map chest so i use these type of draws. Also the deep drawers on the bottom of the cases to the right are great for small teeth in mass and i can even fit my trutle skull snuggly in one

post-337-1207615085_thumb.jpg

Here we have some marine mammal teeth such as seal, squalodon, dugon and allodesmus teeth. The biggest tooth is the allodesmus which measures 4.75"

post-337-1207615118_thumb.jpg

Here are some of my ric's can't find these too regularly up my way, hence why I don't have a map chest drawer full of them. The largest tooth is 3.38"

post-337-1207615155_thumb.jpg

Another thing these smaller drawers are great for is things that roll easily like croc teeth. Here we have my Miocene croc teeth the one with the complete root is 3" and the cap only next to it is 2"

post-337-1207615105_thumb.jpg

Some more small type drawers which have been placed in a bookshelf.

post-337-1207615024_thumb.jpg

Some Paleocene ray plates, the biggest is 2.5”

post-337-1207615038_thumb.jpg

Some of my lower seven gill cow sharks the biggest is 1.25”

post-337-1207615132_thumb.jpg

As far as advice on what type of case to get to meet your fossil needs you will need to make that decision based on what you have in your collection. For example the awesome mastodon jaw and whale verts posted above certainly would not fit in any of my drawers but would display nicely in some of the glass display cases posted earlier in the thread. One thing that I do recommend is if you get any type of drawer type display ensure that it has some type of lock so the drawer cannot accidentally get pulled all the way out and plop on the floor. I had a nightmare of an experience when this happened to my drawer of giant threshers, I about had a heart attack but luckily nothing got damaged. Oh there is one thing that i almost forgot. You may notice that some of my foam in my cases has started to turn yellow. This can be easily corrected by covering the foam with cloth since that wont change color, i just havn't had the time yet. Happy Hunting

• I found this Informative 1

woooooow.....your collection is absolutley freakin' AMAZING!

i really like your drawers, and the one filled with coin holders (small teeth) is a great idea.

I see lots and lots of fossils in your drawers! where about are you collecting all of these?

the marine mammals are sick! so too are the rics!

thanks for the pics.

pic 5, white drawers, left hand side 6th from top?? whats in there?! you seem to have a lot of them!

All right, you Jeremiah Johnson types asked for it this time!

post-22-1207618594_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618602_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618613_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618627_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618637_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618650_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

And a few more...see why I have no room for fossils!

post-22-1207618725_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618738_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618749_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618760_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618775_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618787_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618833_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

We are an outdoorsy family as you can see...the wife and son helped me put away a rack of wild pork ribs tonight for dinner.

post-22-1207618946_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618954_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618967_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618980_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618987_thumb.jpg

post-22-1207618996_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

I see lots and lots of fossils in your drawers! where about are you collecting all of these?

pic 5, white drawers, left hand side 6th from top?? whats in there?! you seem to have a lot of them!

I collect up and down the east coast of the US with a few side trips to California and i'll be heading to Nebraska for the first time here in a few months. I'm actually leaving thursday morning to do a seven day fossil binge of the east coast. I'll be starting in North Carolina ending up in Florida then back up the coast again hiting a couple states along the way. The bulk of my collecting is done within an hour drive in all directions of my house in the Maryland and Virginia area.

That drawer is filled with all types of shark teeth/verts and fish verts/mouthplates from the lee creek mine that did not make it into one of the drawers to be displayed.

Nice stuff danwoer!!!!!

I like it!!! Love the old B&W Photo of the deer in the back of a station wagon!!! Also love the Javelina, in my opinion, the funnest animal to hunt with a bow and arrow, and the hardest to kill!!

We seem to have similar taste!

-Aldo Leopold

Bowkill

I could tell from your handle the first day you signed on that we'd see eye to eye concerning the ways of Ma Nature and our place in the food chain.

The old 1970 Gran Torino station wagon is the very same one I fell out of on the road when I was 5 and my Mom ran over my foot as I rolled away from the oncoming U-Haul truck...ahh, nostalgia! It later served as a deer hearse on numerous occasions. Also in that picture is a 16 year old Dan Woehr in his formative years, posing proudly with his first big game animal, a 180# Ohio whitetail, taken at 18 yards on public land with a 540 grain Thunderhead 125 tipped 2219 flung from my then outrageous 72 LB Oneida Eagle purchased with years of lawn mowing money. Man I used to be able to hit a milk jug at 70 yards. You get good at things when you are young and free of responsibility. I can still take an animal at 40 yards with an arrow under ideal conditions; 70 yards? No way. But I did have fun in high school dispatching fox squirrels from the lofty canopy of those big Ohio white oaks with only stick and string.

I've taken my share of big game critters with bow, crossbow, pistol, rifle, and muzzle loader. I must admit however that these days there are many things competing for my money and time including family, saltwater fishing, and of course fossils and artifacts. I've been putting most of my time into the latter lately as I can collect for the cost of fuel only, and hunting in Texas is fast becoming an aristocratic pursuit with its high fences and genetically engineered deer. For these reasons I tend to spend my hunting time in hot pursuit of wild hogs with occasional excursions for free ranging exotics such as axis, nilgai, etc.

Hogs are my favorite meat on earth and tend to be the cheapest big game animal available in TX. Open bag limits, legal night hunting, and year round seasons make them my favorite quarry. Their ugly features, bad demeanor, and the fact that nobody laughs at you for shooting a little one also add to the allure. I'll probably do another hog hunt soon as my freezer stocks are getting low.

Hands down the best trips though are the ones that allow "double dipping", i.e. fishing and fossils, hunting and artifact collecting, etc. After a weekend like this, I feel like I have truly "sucked the marrow out of life".

Grüße,

Carl, you are by far the most organized collector I have ever seen! great job! got to get me one of those map cases for sure.

All those TX points were found in various ranches in Texas hunting hogs and javelina. I try to make one trip a year down there to hunt, and usually come home with a few points, often a hog, sometimes a javelina, and always a bunch of your tiny ticks! Next spring when I plan a trip down, I might contact you about places to stop and fossil hunt on the way. I usually hunt just east of Cotulla, so I'm sure I'm driving by some good spots when I drive down I-35 for that many hours.

-Aldo Leopold

All right, you Jeremiah Johnson types asked for it this time!

That has to be the longest Diamondback Rattler skin I have ever witnessed!!! Did you skin'em your self? I was lucky enough to get ahold of 141/2 foot anaconda skin which I bought from ebay. I love your taxidermy collection, I too love fishing, hunting, and pretty much anything in the great out doors!