Shark Vert

Roz

Well, hope it didn't go up before I got the pic to attach. Just wanted to share my largest shark vert that I found on a hunt with the DPS. It was held at a quarry near Midlothian, Texas.

post-13-1191906873_thumb.jpg

It was together when I found it and could only see the side. Was really happy to get those impressions too.

post-13-1191906427_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on the find. I didn't know that groups could go into Portland anymore. You were about 6 miles from my place. I have hunted that area in & outside the quarry. Got several shark crusher teeth there.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Thanks you guys.

Do you happen to have a picture of the shark tooth from that area?

Would like to see it if it is not a problem

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks you guys.

Do you happen to have a picture of the shark tooth from that area?

Would like to see it if it is not a problem

Roz,

Lost my last post, so One More Time. : ) I will post my crusher teeth when I get them photographed. Also, there is a fossil show, in Glenrose, Texas on the 26th thru the 28th of Oct. It is sponsered by the Austin & Dallas Paleontological Societies. Glenrose (of the Dinosaur Tracks fame) is located appox 80 miles SW of Dallas on Hwy 67. It should be a great show. I am in no way connected to this event. I gleaned this out of the Dallas Morning News. For more info go to www.texaspaleo.com. I am going to try make the 26th show. May not as I presently have health issues. I also plan to unpack & photograph my collection this fall. When I get it done I hope some of you can stop by for a little fossil "Show & Tell."

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Archived