Last one for the night. Not common at all but I’d like to share prob my rarest.

Edestus Heinrichi 

Top 2 are from Sparta while the bottom is from Kentucky (first pic)

43B5CFF7-0EE9-4CB2-B354-FD6ED6B48E7B.jpeg

71ACD1B1-D579-4952-827B-004A946FE7D7.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

3 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

@Woopaul5 That's a whole buncha really nice teeth! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!!! Didn’t realize I could resize my pics and post here with out a 3rd party app. I’ll try to update more often 

On 8/10/2019 at 1:53 AM, isurus90064 said:

Carcharodon carcharias

~3.22" - 8.18cm

Bahia Inglesa Formation

South of Caldera

Provincia Copiapo

III Regio de Atacama

Chile

19.jpg.e0a0ba792f7411ba677af26966e6c528.jpg20.jpg.6fc3b1d0ec9c4b884fbdc03973c677bc.jpg21.jpg.a0930ecba7eda0f770ec89de808824ce.jpg

Absolutely love the colors, size and condition of this beauty!!! 

Sometimes I acquire a specimen simply because it's pretty, regardless of how common the fossil might be. Also to continue the Moroccan homage, here is such an example:

Otodus obliquus

~3.01" - 7.65cm

IMG_9777.thumb.jpg.e34a4d1e78171546d7f55f0178b73834.jpg

On 8/23/2015 at 8:53 PM, isurus90064 said:

I am sure that is true for the Niobrara as well. There have to be huge collections of this stuff floating around.

Here's a Cretoxyrhina mantelli tooth that's pretty ugly, but also pretty big ..

~2.285" - 5.80cm

Cretoxyrhina mantelli

~87-82 Ma

Late Cretaceous

Niobrara Chalk

Lane County, KS

post-92-0-89630200-1440384809.jpg.7bf6b5112b557f8972d8abef67e0c718.jpgIMG_9763.jpg.050b9069d59478423fa90343db492581.jpg

I added the photo on the right on page 26 to give a better sense of scale on this particular tooth.

• I found this Informative 2

@Untitled .. very nice natural Otodus! especially how the shoulder is merged into the crown with the other side being a distinct cusp.

@Woopaul5 beautiful Cretox! Looks like a good 1.75" and if so, the anterior would have been very large.

• I found this Informative 1

41 minutes ago, isurus90064 said:

@Untitled .. very nice natural Otodus! especially how the shoulder is merged into the crown with the other side being a distinct cusp.

@Woopaul5 beautiful Cretox! Looks like a good 1.75" and if so, the anterior would have been very large.

Thank you!  I have an odd fascination with Moroccan teeth- lots of cool stuff to come out of there, but it requires a lot of searching to find them.  Here’s another all natural Otodus with a unique multi-colored enamel:

B19FB3F5-A0CA-443A-BB40-D232736FAE4A.jpeg

250C282E-6820-4B9A-B145-382E640F45A8.jpeg

A 1 15/16” Otodus mugodzharicus from Aktulagay, Kazakhstan.  This one also has serrations on the very base of the crown, but doesn’t extend far enough to be considered an aksuaticus.

EF3D0B43-2C40-4FB0-81E8-2A13D996408B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, isurus90064 said:

Very very nice Cretox from an less common location and a beautiful example from Kazakhstan!!

Aktulagay

Thank you!  You have an awesome, more advanced transitional in your post you linked as well.  I love the preservation of Aktulagay teeth.  I saw that your previous post mentions that Cretalamna has been found in Aktulagay before, have you happen to have seen any of those before?  

Here's a super interesting tooth from a different part of Kazakhstan- what I have labeled as an Otodus mugodzharicus, BUT from the locality in Tushbair that produces Bartonian aged teeth; much more recent than when mugodzharicus would have been around.  Any thoughts?

IMG_5449.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG

Assuming the label is correct and just looking at tooth characters, from an enameloid perspective, I don't really see an O. mugodzharicus, but more of an classical O obliquus (except for the sigmoidial distal edge). The root seems much more recent though. Can't really see how compressed the tooth is. Sometimes these contradictions in individual teeth can be confusing. Having said that I would not solely use the presence or lack of serrations as a cross-referencing factor of age of the originating formation. or if it even is in the ball park.

Also, the tooth seems small, so aside from variability, ontogeny could be getting in the way here too. If the tooth comes from Tushbair and if the formation is the Shorym, it is odd that there is not the slightest hint of serrations.

48 minutes ago, isurus90064 said:

Assuming the label is correct and just looking at tooth characters, from an enameloid perspective, I don't really see an O. mugodzharicus, but more of an classical O obliquus (except for the sigmoidial distal edge). The root seems much more recent though. Can't really see how compressed the tooth is. Sometimes these contradictions in individual teeth can be confusing. Having said that I would not solely use the presence or lack of serrations as a cross-referencing factor of age of the originating formation. or if it even is in the ball park.

Also, the tooth seems small, so aside from variability, ontogeny could be getting in the way here too. If the tooth comes from Tushbair and if the formation is the Shorym, it is odd that there is not the slightest hint of serrations.

Thank you for the in-depth response!  This tooth came from the Middle Eocene locality where the Otodus lineage would be well-serrated by this point, which is why the collector I acquired it from thought it was a parotodus.  He is highly respected in the community so I don’t doubt that it did come from this locality, though I don’t believe it is a Parotodus.  

3 hours ago, Untitled said:

Here's a super interesting tooth from a different part of Kazakhstan- what I have labeled as an Otodus mugodzharicus, BUT from the locality in Tushbair that produces Bartonian aged teeth; much more recent than when mugodzharicus would have been around.  Any thoughts?

Is there a hint of a nutrient groove present? If so, I would guess this is Tethylamna.

One of my favorite personal finds

Carcharodon carcharias

5.5cm

Miocene

Capistrano Formation

Orange County, CA

5754D2C2-4ABF-495E-B15E-5B76A171D43F.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

17 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Is there a hint of a nutrient groove present? If so, I would guess this is Tethylamna.

I don’t think it it a Techylamna- it is much more robust and has a much more substantial dental band than any techylamnas I’d encountered.