Here's one from Calvert Cliffs. It was found at Brownie's Beach in situ Zone 10 of the Calvert formation. I have very few light colored megs and this is one of the nicest colored non-red teeth that I have.

post-210-1218063533_thumb.jpg

Ron,

Excellent meg! Here's a light colored one, might look familiar to you. This one is neat not only because of the white/cream color, but it's really light (in weight), feels semi-hollow. I also convinced myself it has some interesting feeding damage on the flat side. (I don't know if it is or not, not really sure how to tell.)

Oh, it's 3 1/4" long.

Thanks,

Eddie

post-476-1218070840_thumb.jpg

post-476-1218070851_thumb.jpg

post-476-1218070889_thumb.jpg

Here's one from Calvert Cliffs. It was found at Brownie's Beach in situ Zone 10 of the Calvert formation. I have very few light colored megs and this is one of the nicest colored non-red teeth that I have.

This is one beautiful meg - certainly on par with the L/C megs. :o

Ron,

Excellent meg! Here's a light colored one, might look familiar to you. This one is neat not only because of the white/cream color, but it's really light (in weight), feels semi-hollow. I also convinced myself it has some interesting feeding damage on the flat side. (I don't know if it is or not, not really sure how to tell.)

Oh, it's 3 1/4" long.

Thanks,

Eddie

Wow! I never expected to see that tooth again. I found that one in a small gully off of Indian Head Highway in Prince Georges county Maryland a long time ago. The odd thing is that one side of the gully was sandy and produced light colored teeth and the other side was dark marl and produced grey teeth. Most of the light colored teeth were leached out and just melted when you touched them. I think I still have a light mako and Hemipristis from that site. Back in those days I could leap small buildings in search of teeth, now I just go around them.

The tooth does have a really cool set of marks on the flat side from being struck and raked by another tooth.

Thanks for posting that one.

Here are a couple of teeth from the Chandler Bridge formation in Summerville, South Carolina that have decent color.

post-210-1218074045_thumb.jpg

post-210-1218074065_thumb.jpg

... I also convinced myself it has some interesting feeding damage on the flat side...

Fantastik! Looks like it might have come loose during an attack and been bitten. Exceptional specimen!!!

PS: See if you can get your dentist interested in X-raying it...

post-423-1218077551.gif

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Fantastik! Looks like it might have come loose during an attack and been bitten. Exceptional specimen!!!

PS: See if you can get your dentist interested in X-raying it...

Thanks guys. I'll bring it to the dentist next time I have a check-up. :)

Ron,

Hey, you might not be superman anymore, but at least you haven't lost your memory. (Of course, if you're like me,

I can remember a shark tooth I had 10 years ago, but don't ask me what I had for breakfast this morning...)

Thanks for the background on the tooth, sounds like a very interesting collecting site. It's always nice to hear about the location and collecting conditions where the tooth was found.

Thanks,

Eddie

I also have the selective memory thing going on. I remember most of the nice teeth I have ever found and I have noticed at least one other member has a tooth that I found. It's strange seeing them pop up like that.

Here's a tooth I wish I had found. A Bakersfield posterior meg.

post-210-1218164061_thumb.jpg

post-210-1218164068_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Hello everyone,

I've been off the map for a few months and I'm just checking in again, A lot has bene added over the last few months.

btw PaleoRon, NICE posterior meg!!

Hey Marcel:

Good to see your return - I had noticed your absence. :):)

FS

Thanks FS, it's my crazy work schedule that did it ... but it's the only way I can keep buying fossils :-)

That sounds like a good trade-off! We will be watching to see pics of your latest acquisitions. There are some interesting teeth now coming from Morocco - not the same old stuff but some very interesting shark teeth.

FS

Guest bmorefossil

nice tooth ron

That sounds like a good trade-off! We will be watching to see pics of your latest acquisitions. There are some interesting teeth now coming from Morocco - not the same old stuff but some very interesting shark teeth.

FS

FS I had noticed some very interesting new material online (including C. auriculatus, megalodon, and a few few other atypical species from Morocco becoming available).

FS I had noticed some very interesting new material online (including C. auriculatus, megalodon, and a few few other atypical species from Morocco becoming available).

Yes. the exact species I was also noting including some Isurus teeth.

FS

For instance......

Good to see you back Marcel. Anxiously awaiting more pics of your collection

post-77-0-33037000-1380835661_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-83796600-1380835681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Northern Sharks

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

what is it going to cost, well let's see .. since you have some pretty exquisite fossils in your collection, let's start there ... :P

in all seriousness .. thanks guys. I'll photograph my larger than 3 inch Bakersfield makos tomorrow.

I'd love to see your 3" + makos. All your teeth are amazing! Personally collected ? purchased or both? Looking foreward to seeing the makos ! I collect out in Bakersfield every chance I get!

not perfect but a nice color .. Sharktooth Hill

O.K. I have to know-- Where on earth did you get all those great STH teeth, and how long to get a collection like that ?

Hey Northern good to hear from you ... looks like you got a nice jump start there with those teeth from Morocco!! Nice!

Hi Makoken, almost all of my Bakersfield material material is self-collected ... I was good friends with Bob Ernst who owned hundreds of acres of prime "Sharktooth Hill" real estate. We went digging in several of his quarries quite a few times and found some amazing things. Most of the really great fossils reside in the Buena Vista Museum of Natural History.

• I found this Informative 1

btw Makoken, there are three or so 3" or larger makos listed on this thread (page 2 and 4).
I was fortunate enough to meet Bob a couple of times at the museum. and at a musuem trip to his property for 2 days back in '05 . Once again great collection. I'll check out those monster makos. Thanks for all the great pics.

... a dirty blonde tooth ...

... and another 3"incher, 3.3/16" measured along the slant ...

Awsome, nice color also. Love those large makos

btw Makoken, there are three or so 3" or larger makos listed on this thread (page 2 and 4).

Here are my largest makos from STH The upper I bought from garry, @ just over 3". The lower I found @ the ampitheater is 2 7/8 ". I have been a member of BVMNH on and of over the last 8 years. A great collection of Bakersfield fossils.

post-1010-1229708937_thumb.jpg

Here are my largest makos from STH The upper I bought from garry, @ just over 3". The lower I found @ the ampitheater is 2 7/8 ". I have been a member of BVMNH on and of over the last 8 years. A great collection of Bakersfield fossils.

Very nice!