Yesterday's Finds...

lordpiney

Nice Haul L.P..! I have to say that picking is more productive for me as well. I think in terms surface area you can see a lot more. Or maybe I just can't sit still that long thinking I'm digging in someones reject pile. LOL

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

And for Crete the rain is an emergency, but unfortunately there aren't any shark remains to be uncovered...

Congrats, Phil, on your neat job :rolleyes::)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Very nice! I bet you can't wait to get out there and find some more. :D Glad to see someone benefiting from all the rain you guys are getting up there.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

• 7 years later...

Old post but pretty relevant - I don't think that tooth is Xiphactinus - I think it's the most serrated Enchodus tooth i've ever seen from the area. 

E. ferox is known from the area but aren't they supposedly smaller?

39 minutes ago, frankh8147 said:

Old post but pretty relevant - I don't think that tooth is Xiphactinus - I think it's the most serrated Enchodus tooth i've ever seen from the area. 

E. ferox is known from the area but aren't they supposedly smaller?

It is definitely Enchodus ferox. I think the serrations wear off easily, so a smaller serrated Enchodus might just be more typical than a larger one. Ferox and petrosus are about the same size I think.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Archived