Australlia's Lost Giants

Paleo-shark_hunter

I'm doing a table-top board on Prehistoric Australlia, I'm calling it "Australlias Lost Giants"

I was wondering if I could get any additional infomation on this topic to make my board the most accurate as possible. Thanks Y'all :D

post-5434-0-92355500-1315790272_thumb.jpg

"Re-living History, one piece at a time..."

Not sure about what time you want this, but I hear every musuem there has to have a Muttabarasaurus.

PUBLICATIONS

Dallas Paleontology Society Occasional Papers Vol. 9 2011

"Pennsylvanian Stratigraphy and Paleoecology of Outcrops in Jacksboro, Texas"

Author

Texas Paleontology Society Feb, 2011

"Index Fossils and You" A primer on how to utilize fossils to assist in relative age dating strata"

Author

Quotes

"Beer, Bacon, and Bivalves!"

"Say NO to illegal fossil buying / selling"

"They belong in a museum."

Education

Associates of Science - 2011

Bachelors of Science (Geology & Biology) - 2012 est.

This site is pretty neat: Australia's extinct animals

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I have about 2 weeks to finish the project. Thanks Y'all, I'll be reading up :geek:

Also I am not sure if you came accross but

got to have in the beginning

1. Stromatolites

2. Edicarian Fauna = They were monsters.

PUBLICATIONS

Dallas Paleontology Society Occasional Papers Vol. 9 2011

"Pennsylvanian Stratigraphy and Paleoecology of Outcrops in Jacksboro, Texas"

Author

Texas Paleontology Society Feb, 2011

"Index Fossils and You" A primer on how to utilize fossils to assist in relative age dating strata"

Author

Quotes

"Beer, Bacon, and Bivalves!"

"Say NO to illegal fossil buying / selling"

"They belong in a museum."

Education

Associates of Science - 2011

Bachelors of Science (Geology & Biology) - 2012 est.

if you have not seen the tv episode about Thylacoleo carnifex by NOVA on the series Bone digger you need to check it out, its awesome

It wouldn't be complete without Megalania ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

I looked at your link and I can't pass up the opportunity to add a giant lizard to my story, it looks amazing

Thanks

I looked at your link and I can't pass up the opportunity to add a giant lizard to my story, it looks amazing

Thanks

Note that the first Aborigines might have crossed paths with the last Megalanias! :o

Yes, and you can get that episode on DVD. You might find it in your local used record/CD/DVD store or get it directly here:

http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=2792231&cp=2729315.2951542&pg=2&parentPage=family

If you want some free info from the show, you can get it here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/bonediggers/thyl-nf.html

There are also some nice books that range from the mainstream to the technical such as "Kadimakara: Extinct Vertebrates of Australia," "Wildlife of Gondwana" and "Vertebrate Palaeontology of Australasia."

if you have not seen the tv episode about Thylacoleo carnifex by NOVA on the series Bone digger you need to check it out, its awesome

I was right about to mention that, but he beat me to it!

Good luck on your project. I really don't know much about Australian megafauna. Could you mention the tazmanian tiger or is that overdone?

I was right about to mention that, but he beat me to it!

Good luck on your project. I really don't know much about Australian megafauna. Could you mention the tazmanian tiger or is that overdone?

I thought about adding the Tazmanian Tiger, but it's not really a giant (Sadly) I would have liked to add her, but that would possibly stray away from the "Lost Giants" So far I've got Striton’s Thunderbird and Megalodon, I'm also going to add the Giant Shortfaced Kangaroo and the Marsupial Lion. I am possibly the Giant Wombat and the Megalania. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edited by Paleo-shark_hunter

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, what about those beautiful Aussie plesiosaurs? Woomerra pines and tree ferns get pretty big too, but the pines arn't lost anymore ;)

Ye, Umoonasaurus , Kronosaurus...

Fossils fossils and again fossils

Kyivsharks