Big Trilobite

matthew textor

Hi everyone checkout this trilobite I have. I got it at a fossil store called stone Age Quarry in Virginia city Nevada

the fossil is 5 1/2 inches long from the triassic period

here is a photo

(Post edited to provide requested information)

post-530-1218758415_thumb.jpg

What size is it?

What species is it?

Where is it from?

Please use your camera in "macro" mode for a sharp close-up, and take it in brighter light.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I would guess closer to 6 inches. That handrail on the staircase is probably at least 3 inches wide.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone checkout this trilobite I have

here is a photo

D'ya get fries with that?

Really...just want to know where you got it. I'm not suggesting it's "contrived." But maybe if you could get it off that rail post and take a squarer picture of the whole thing, I'd love seeing it. Thanks.

Unfortunately the photo does not allow others to appreciate much of anything re this "bug"!

Unfortunately the photo does not allow others to appreciate much of anything re this "bug"!

I'd just love to know more about it. I've got a few bits and pieces of these little buggers, myself, but this one had the biggest appetite I've ever seen. Of course, I haven't seen as many as many of you guys, but, I'd still like to know where he got it...some vital statistics, etc.?

Guest solius symbiosus

See my first response in the thread. I'm fairly certain about the specie and location ... which would make it Dev.