grokfish

Any Bone Hunters In Ne?

grokfish

I've been doing a lot of traveling b/w KC and Omaha andvwondered if there is any good hunting to be had...per the bedrock geology, there should plenty of Cretaceous rock...?

grokfish

I guess there aren't any fossilers in NE : P

tj102569

Im in South Dakota,,, but may head to Nebraska, where do you go there.?

fatcrinoideaguyed

well i see this is an old post but there are alot of cretaceous rock around the rivers out here (missouri,platte,elkhorn rivers) all around the omaha area

Atomic Rat

Yes, I live in Nebraska. I am not familiar with the Omaha area. My wife and I are getting out more in our area, North Platte. We plan on touring the state to find fossils. We don't know about this summer, no real plans yet.

Nenando

Hello from Texas! I'm headin up to Omaha to visit relatives; will be there a week and WILL make time to fossil the surrounding areas, rivers and road cuts. Headin there next week and will update with pics and information

Bozark

Drive through Niobrara County, keep an eye out for roadcuts. There's a lot of Pierre Shale and Niobrara exposed, great inverts to be collected. We've got a spot we like to collect from with buckets of huge Belemnites- PM me if you're coming through!