Fossils In Color

sparkchaser

If we assert the paleontologist's maxim that "biology of the past mirrors that of the present", we might postulate that the colors yellow, orange, red, and black are most likely to be pigment based, and blues and greens are structural (refractive). Could make for some colorful therapods! The implications for extrapolating behavior are fascinating as well.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

He meant to say "Cool!" :D

Cryogenic! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest Nicholas
If we assert the paleontologist's maxim that "biology of the past mirrors that of the present", we might postulate that the colors yellow, orange, red, and black are most likely to be pigment based, and blues and greens are structural (refractive). Could make for some colorful therapods! The implications for extrapolating behavior are fascinating as well.

I don't know what's scarier, me understanding all that or agreeing with it. :P

I know, when i first read it i was like woah but then i realized i understood what he said and then i was like WOAH and thus my comment later. normally i don't speak geek but today i did :P

I know, when i first read it i was like woah...

Sorry. I plead "too much coffee".

Well switch to beer. :D

Article good; me like!

post-423-1217887070_thumb.jpg