Megalodon Shark Bite Force!

Sharktoothguy11222

My favorite line from the article:

"...estimating the bite force in a big dead fish is a tad esoteric..."

Followed later by the payoff:

"You can get amazing details about the ecology and evolution of an animal by understanding how it feeds, which is after all a very important part of what animals do".

They are going to apply their computational techniques to other ancient critters too, including "terror birds" like Titanis walleri :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the article...Interesting read....

You're a fan of Genesis???

Thanks Cris, and yes I am. I like the oldies. Genesis, Eagles, Five for Fighting, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Boston, I could go on forever.

lol, I am not that old, I just like that kind of music. I don't really like rap or hip hop. Oh, and I am also a big fan of the Red Army Choir.

and just to prove it, these are my favorite genesis songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzShg7yXik

The last one is a funny music video!

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

Thanks Cris, and yes I am. I like the oldies. Genesis, Eagles, Five for Fighting, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Boston, I could go on forever.

lol, I am not that old, I just like that kind of music. I don't really like rap or hip hop. Oh, and I am also a big fan of the Red Army Choir.

and just to prove it, these are my favorite genesis songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzShg7yXik

The last one is a funny music video!

Thought I was the only younger guy that was a huge Genesis fan...Love all the songs you posted. Love the Eagles, Foreigner and Boston, too. Don't know if Five For Fighting is really oldies, though :P Always thought the video to Land of Confusion was weeeeird. Also like a lot of Phil Collins stuff when he went off on his own. Good to see someone close to my age with the same music tastes. (sorry to get off subject, guys)

We can't forget this one:

Thought I was the only younger guy that was a huge Genesis fan...Love all the songs you posted. Love the Eagles, Foreigner and Boston, too. Don't know if Five For Fighting is really oldies, though :P Always thought the video to Land of Confusion was weeeeird. Also like a lot of Phil Collins stuff when he went off on his own. Good to see someone close to my age with the same music tastes. (sorry to get off subject, guys)

We can't forget this one:

It's also nice to see someone who shares my taste in music. Sorry for this turning to off topic though, lol, but in order to keep it on topic I will say Megalodon. there I said something fossil related :P

Hey now, what's this, Genesis-fans among the young(er) folks?

I always thought that that was something for the old(er) guys.

With the exception of my 12-year old son that is, who not only shares my passion for fossils, but also shares my taste in music, i.e. "symphonic Rock" in general and Genesis in particular.

I attended their concert in Brussels last year, part of their "Turn It On Again"-tour.

What a feast that was! I have enough memories of that performance alone to last me a lifetime.

Seriously, should I, heaven forbid, drop dead tomorrow, I will do so a happy man, knowing I have attended their last two tours, one of them being maybe the very last tour ever. Though I do hope to see them all, incl. Peter Gabriel, perfoming once more.

That I would value well over any fossil (yes I know, that's pretty close to blasphemy, but that how I feel about it) ^_^

Bought the Live DVD of their performance in Rome, aptly called "When in Rome". A must for any Genesis-afficionado.

As to my all-time favourite songs, among the many I like:

From the "Old Days":

Great lyrics! ".....Imaginary creatures are trapped in birth on celluloid...."

From the more recent work:

Definitely "Home by the Sea", parts 1 and 2, especially the

and the great line: "Images of sorrow, pictures of delight. Things that go to make up a life"

Sorry, this has nothing to do with Megs whatsoever, but someone, somewhere pushed the right button ... and I could not help myself :D

Cheers,

Paul

"And the men who hold high places, Must be the ones to start

To mould a new reality, Closer to the Heart"

(Rush, "Closer to the Heart" from the album "A Farewell to Kings")

With the exception of my 12-year old son that is, who not only shares my passion for fossils, but also shares my taste in music, i.e. "symphonic Rock" in general and Genesis in particular.

I attended their concert in Brussels last year, part of their "Turn It On Again"-tour.

What a feast that was! I have enough memories of that performance alone to last me a lifetime.

Seriously, should I, heaven forbid, drop dead tomorrow, I will do so a happy man, knowing I have attended their last two tours, one of them being maybe the very last tour ever. Though I do hope to see them all, incl. Peter Gabriel, perfoming once more.

That I would value well over any fossil (yes I know, that's pretty close to blasphemy, but that how I feel about it) ^_^

Bought the Live DVD of their performance in Rome, aptly called "When in Rome". A must for any Genesis-afficionado.

From the "Old Days":

and the great line: "Images of sorrow, pictures of delight. Things that go to make up a life"

Sorry, this has nothing to do with Megs whatsoever, but someone, somewhere pushed the right button ... and I could not help myself :D

Cheers,

Paul

Ahhh, yes, I remember the good ol' days of Peter Gabriel and The Carpet Crawlers. I like it a lot, one of my favorite of the Genesis songs.

As for Home by the Sea, I like the Part I, but if I recall, Part II is all instrumental.

Oh, and lets not forget Abacab!

...in order to keep it on topic I will say Megalodon. there I said something fossil related :P

"Keith Richards"; rock & fossils in one two-word post.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

.... As for Home by the Sea, I like the Part I, but if I recall, Part II is all instrumental.....

Almost, but not quite; of the approx. 6 1/2 min, 5 1/2 minutes are instrumental, in the last minute vocals (same as in part I) jump back in again.

I am a sucker for instrumental interludes in songs, that's probably one of the reasons why I like so many Genesis songs and not to forget Camel (no, not the sigarettes but the band).

Hemipneustes, Meg, Ric, Squalicorax. So, that should cover the fossil side of this post. :P

Cheers,

Paul

P.S.:

@ Auspex: I prefer Dr. Brian May - rocker, certainly almost a fossil himself and astronomist :D

"And the men who hold high places, Must be the ones to start

To mould a new reality, Closer to the Heart"

(Rush, "Closer to the Heart" from the album "A Farewell to Kings")

From the "Old Days":

Cheers,

Paul

I wanted to attend that last tour more than just about anything....You better believe if I ever hear that they're doing something else together, again....I'm gonna be there...

Archived