My Best 6 Inch Meg Yet!

Megalodon1

Howdy y'all, I just picked up the pristine (all natural) 6 inch beauty. The preservation is breath-taking, I could only find a couple half nicked serrations on the whole sharply-serrated tooth, awesome bourlette/enamel, and the root is amazing with the nutrient hole dead center in the middle.

post-319-1217906434_thumb.jpg

post-319-1217906527_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, I bought it. If I had found it myself, I would still be under water trying to find it's buddies.

Very nice tooth indeed, congratulations!!

I am honored that you like this tooth, my collection is dwarfed by yours. I am sure you will remain Megalodon KING of this forum unless someone else could get their hands on a 7 incher as nice as yours, not to mention all your other incredibly rare teeth.

Howdy y'all, I just picked up the pristine (all natural) 6 inch beauty. The preservation is breath-taking, I could only find a couple half nicked serrations on the whole sharply-serrated tooth, awesome bourlette/enamel, and the root is amazing with the nutrient whole dead center in the middle.

Megalodon1

Most definitely a beauty. Great addition to any collection. Is it a SC specimen?

FS

HOLY FREAKIN KRYKIES !!! Thats simply gorgeous! But what is this about a 7 incher? Is that even possible?

RB

By the way, can I ask what you paid for that. Im guessing its was way more than my wife would let me spend nowadays.

HOLY FREAKIN KRYKIES !!! Thats simply gorgeous! But what is this about a 7 incher? Is that even possible?

RB

Yes, 7" megs do indeed exist. Not many but a few. :D

Yes, 7" megs do indeed exist. Not many but a few. :D

Wow!! I would love to see a picture of one! Actually, I would love to hold it in my hand, then have my son create a very disruptive diversion so that I can accidentily walk off with it!!! HA!! Ok, just kidding, i would never do that, but Ive never seen a 7 inch meg!!!

RB

http://megalodonteeth.com/7inchmeg.html

This is from Steve Alter's website, Megalodonteeth.com. They don't come bigger than this

WOW!!! Im going to have to find out where my new buddy steve lives, take over a big bottle of whiskey, make him drink it, then the next day tell him the story about how a burgler broke in and stole his tooth!!! Ha!!

I cant belive how big that tooth is. I had to go get an empty soda can and put it on my desk and still use my imagination to try and see just how big that tooth is!!! WOW!!! I was impressed where he says that even a lowly price of 10 to 20 grand would not even be considered, but much more impressed by the tooth!!! If I found that tooth, there would be no way in heck that I would EVER sell it!!! I guess once I reached my 'late' years in life, thats the kind of fossil I would donate to the 'right' place so that everyone could see it? Its not mine, so I really done know what Iwould do. But thanks so much for the website. I really appreciate that.

RB

I was going to link the same picture but Northern beat me to it. That 7 incher has great colors, cool ripples near the root, and is just massive. Got to be a couple more still buried somewhere.

I was going to link the same picture but Northern beat me to it. That 7 incher has great colors, cool ripples near the root, and is just massive. Got to be a couple more still buried somewhere.

I dont know my teeth from a hole in the ground, I dont mean to sound so ignorant, but why does it have those 'ripples' near the bottom of the tooth? Ive never seen that before?

RB

Please megalodon1, I hope I havent stepped on your toes with all my questions about the other tooth. Your tooth is absolutly fabulous and I wish it was mine. Please forgive me for getting things offtrack.

RB

...why does it have those 'ripples' near the bottom of the tooth? Ive never seen that before?

RB

Quite a few of the big ol' monster Megs have that; megalodon1's new beast is exceptional in that it doesn't show a hint of it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow! Nice BIG shark tooth! 6" as long as one dollar bill!

How big the shark you think? Same as adult Sperm Whale?

I had seen a reference that figured megalodon was about the same size as a humpback whale, which is a bit smaller than a sperm whale. Having been out whale watching at Salem, Mass. I can say that humpbacks are quite impressive in size and if you throw on some huge teeth and a hunter's mentality, that is a monster shark.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Northern shark...thanks!

I watched Shark week on Disciovery Channel and big Great White Shark is big and attack dead meat! Wow! 6" tooth that big shark would eat big Great White Shark!

Megalodon1

Most definitely a beauty. Great addition to any collection. Is it a SC specimen?

FS

Yup, it is from the low-country waters of South Carolina.

Yup, it is from the low-country waters of South Carolina.

Is it anywhere near the Green River?

Mike

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past