My Always Growing Collection

Tyrannoraptor

Cool tooth mate, you got a lot of catching up to do. Five years is a long time between purchases.

Haha, I know! I probably would have a few more pieces to show, but my plans for going to the Munich show last October fell into water. Hopefully this year I'll make it.

I wasn't entirely unactive though. My fossil collection got a significant upgrade, I got a few nice looking bookshelves with glass doors (my aunt and her family moved to a new house and didn't need the old bookshelves anymore). It looks pretty neat, besides the glass doors do help with dust (it still accumulates, but far slower than before, makes cleaning a lot easier). I gotta take a few photos, Will probably post them later.

Here's my current setup. I plan to take some more detailed shots of the whole collection (well, at least this part of my collection, these are my best pieces, I have more fossils in various boxes in the attic).

The fossils are organised more or less chronologically, the oldest fossils are on the bottom shelves and are getting progressively more recent as you get to the top shelves.

The narrow Bookshelf in the middle (the one with the single door) is reserved for my dinosaur models and toys. The Michael Trcic Allosaurus isn't an original, sadly, it's a cheap bootleg i bought in Munich a few years back (I didn't realise at the time that the model was a bootleg, as I had no idea that the original even existed), the big T Rex is the Rebor one, the rest are mostly Schleich and Papo. The ones on the bottom are toys I got as a kid.

DSC_2082_small.JPG