What is Your Favorite Dinosaur?

Shark Tooth Hunter

What is your favorite dinosaur????? Just wondering what you all like.

Thanks, Shark Tooth Hunter

Golden Eagle

post-423-0-67693600-1320355081_thumb.jpg

post-423-0-66654500-1320355097_thumb.jpg

B)

If you mean Mesozoic dinosaur, then I would say Avisaurus archibaldi.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hmm, now that's a tough one for me. If I had to choose, I'd choose from these: T. rex, Allosaurus, Triceratops and probably some Dromaeosaurid species (doesn't matter which, I'm interested in "Raptors" in general). All which I now have fossils of. Each of them is unique in one way or another, which makes the choice even more difficult. Hmm...

I say Tyrannosaurus rex wins for me, but it wasn't an easy choice. There's just something about that magnificent animal that other dinosaur predators, even if bigger, simply can't match.

Triceratops though Im also partial to Hadrosaurus , hey I live a mile from the Haddonfield site what do you expect. :)

Dilophosaurus would have to be mine.. I love that one! :wub:

I was going to say the same Genus of Dinosaur! I do like those early Ceratosaura. Dilophosaurus is the dinosaur I want to put my name in the Paleo books when I get into Graduate's School.

PUBLICATIONS

Dallas Paleontology Society Occasional Papers Vol. 9 2011

"Pennsylvanian Stratigraphy and Paleoecology of Outcrops in Jacksboro, Texas"

Author

Texas Paleontology Society Feb, 2011

"Index Fossils and You" A primer on how to utilize fossils to assist in relative age dating strata"

Author

Quotes

"Beer, Bacon, and Bivalves!"

"Say NO to illegal fossil buying / selling"

"They belong in a museum."

Education

Associates of Science - 2011

Bachelors of Science (Geology & Biology) - 2012 est.

probably anything within the clade Maniraptora. especially the troodonts, therezinosaurs, and dromeosaurs (yeah, i know, big surprise there).

Sauropods, but more specifically, Brachiosaurus and Diplodocus :D :D

"Re-living History, one piece at a time..."

dryptosaurus aquilungus

I think you just stole mine :P But hey, it's a Jersey thing.

To be honest I have many favorites. All manner of tyrannosauroids, of course (Guanlong is a biggie, so is Drypto), and then I really like therizinosaurs as well. I've had a recent love of omnivoropterygids (look it up ;) ) for some reason, although I'm not quite sure why. Oh, and raptors. So basically my favorites are tyrannosaurs and maniraptorans :P

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter

That thing is alive? What? How?

I'm a raptor bander; I catch 'em, weigh & measure 'em, give 'em some jewelry, and let 'em go B)

post-423-0-07902400-1321206423_thumb.jpg

post-423-0-76491600-1321206436_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm a raptor bander; I catch 'em, weigh & measure 'em, give 'em some jewelry, and let 'em go B)

The closest I ever got to anything like that... one of my dogs killed a little burrowing ground owl. He was so beautiful. :(

SANY0022.JPG

SANY0014.JPG

Auspex, I once saw a golden eagle sitting on a rock in Wyoming. He was so MASSIVE I swear the tips of his slowly-flapping wings hit the ground as he was taking off. I'm not too sure what the max span is for those guys, but he must have been pushing it. I saw a bird "defy physics" that day.

My favorite dino would have to be Mr Rex, the Cretaceous Grizzly Bear.

Edited by 32fordboy

On the topic of big birds, there was an eagle here in Jersey a few days ago. A BALD eagle. Which I did manage to spot.

Very quickly becoming a favorite avian dinosaur :P

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter

Being a Brit I may have to fly the flag for the dinosaurs found in Britain - so I'm gonna say Iguanodon or Megalosaurus :thumbsu: