Amother Peice Of The Puzzle

dr heckle

hi everyone as you probably all remember i posted a topic asking for some help on an id on these fossils a little while backpost-587-1218111883_thumb.jpgpost-587-1218111902_thumb.jpg

the info i got was realy good and since there was so much interest i thought that i had better post this pic

post-587-1218112015_thumb.jpgpost-587-1218112029_thumb.jpg

i found this fossil in a layer of rock not to far from the original site the layer itself is packed with all kinds of shell fossils however these seem to be the most interesting ones i thought that mabey having the outside of the shell might help narrow down the possible species of the fossil a little closer the funny thing was i wasant even looking for fossils when i found this site i had just gone for a walk and as i was crossing a bridge i happen to look down to the sand below and noticed a large deposit of sandstone gravel similar to that found near the original spot on closer inpection i found a couple of old wethered clam like fossils which then made me investigate the small overhang of the naturaly erroded bank and there they were about half a dozen of these fossils hal erroded out of a sought of soft sand stoney type sedement

a heckle a day keeps the doctor away

Way to go!

For me, the most gratifying part of collecting is when things start to come together; especially when a little serendipity is involved.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas

Congrats, I believe that this is promising for a further ID of the species. I can't tell personally but I'm sure someone will use this grater detail of information well.