Sign in to follow this  
sander

Are These Real Or Fake? (Psittacosaurus Humerus, Ulna And Radius)

sander

hello all,

i have bought this humerus at an ebay auction (havent got it already but within this month i do) and i am going to bid on an ulna and radius which are from the same individual, but before i do that i would like to know if they are real so that i dont end up with some fakes.

as i dont have them here yet, ill give you the ebay links:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-F-FOSSIL-DINOSAUR-Psittacosaurus-COMPLETE-HUMERUS-/220846865162

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-F-FOSSIL-DINOSAUR-Psittacosaurus-Radius-Ulna-bone-/370559214901?pt=UK_Collectables_RocksFossils_Minerals_EH&hash=item56470ce535

oh and please dont go bidding on the radius and ulna, i'd like to have a whole arm of 1 individual so dont screw it up for me :P

thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Sander

thoracopterus

they 're real but restored. Where is the rest of the psittaco?

sander

dont know, im just collecting what he puts up for sale in hope to get (at least) the right arm. he has also a ischium but thats not up for bidding. the rest will come when these are sold i think? anyhow, im just trying to get as much as possible.

Kosmoceras

they 're real but restored. Where is the rest of the psittaco?

The seller has the whold thing, but thought they would get more money selling it in bits, several bones are already gone, but a few are left.

sander

oh thats not very nice to hear. do you happen to know which pieces are already sold? i hope i can finish the whole right arm at least

Kosmoceras

oh thats not very nice to hear. do you happen to know which pieces are already sold? i hope i can finish the whole right arm at least

Sorry, I think some finger bones, a couple more long bones etc.

edit: ask the seller what he has left, so you know what bones he has to offer you.

Edited by Odinofthenorth