Humans Wiped Out Giant Kangaroos

Bill

Can't deny the impact of Homo sapiens; in this instance as a new and successful predator.

One statement in the story bothers me: "...scientists have concluded that the creatures were driven into extinction by over-zealous hunting". I assume that the pejorative adjective "over-zealous" is the reporter's phrase, not the scientists'. To a predator, food is food. It is modern mechanized man who can be accused of zealotry; from the Bison to the Passenger Pigeon, we slaughtered for the money.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas

We aren't considered one of the worlds greatest and adaptive hunters in the natural world for nothing. I'm assuming that in the name of science we are less being "blamed" than carefully analyzed into historical fact and that the actual "blame" terminology is coming from the media.

Guest N.AL.hunter

The term "over-zealous" seems to be accurately used here, because when it comes to eating, I know I am "over-zealous"!! :D