xonenine

I've been using Visual Lightbox JS lately, in anticipation of creating a few Fossil galleries over the winter.

This free version highly configurable software is capable of creating a still or slide show gallery in minutes.There is a drag and drop interface for Photos, auto resizing of thumbnails, auto creation of thumbnails, Zoom effects, publication to folder or FTP, and much much more.

Photos can have frames, borders, rounded corners, sticky note styles, and more

Using all features on a website merely entails uploading a few files the software needs to run, tho it may seem a little daunting initially, it took less than a half hour to upload all this software needed to function, future galleries will only need the Photos.

the software: Visual Lightbox JS :)

post-4577-0-23505400-1323924947_thumb.png

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Great post Carmine!

You're always finding the coolest stuff! :)

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

thanks Gus :)

Yes, he does..... I wonder how he does it.

usually with a migraine, lol.Really though, it's another great winter pastime, each fossil can go in the gallery, after it gets ID'd and labeled.Did someone say they should go in Trilobase too? ok, Trilobase also. :)

That will certainly keep you busy all Winter! That's another nifty piece of software, thanks for sharing, what else have you got hiding up your sleeve? ;)

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe

i hope the first fossil games are next soon Joe! Still busily reading manuals and deciding gameplay - Trilobite Racer seems to be definite, and Ammonite Curling... :)

• 3 weeks later...

wow Nando, very nice and artistic flair, this one suits you with all the special photos you take.Very cool effects, and a great choice of gallery software for others to consider also.Thanks for posting it! :)

Edited by xonenine

wow Nando, very nice and artistic flair, this one suits you with all the special photos you take.Very cool effects, and a great choice of gallery software for others to consider also.Thanks for posting it! :)

Thank yoy, Carmine, you are very kind as always... I just put some pics in a folder, your gallery did the rest :P:D

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Visual Lightbox has introduced another offering for Gallery personalization and effects...the WOW Slider.

A fun add-on to galleries thats sure to make working w newer touch screen devices easier.I will set up a sample of this software in action soonest, in the meantime, here is a link to the developer's site

WOW Slider Homepage

there is now an example of a Wow Slider gallery on this test web page, tho there are many other options that can be changed as usual, frames, comments, slideshow, transitions, etc... :)

Test Gallery Slideshow

Edited by xonenine