Signs That You May, In Fact, Be Obsessed With Fossils

Missourian

3 hours ago, Sjfriend said:

Edit; and now every friend you have says they will never help you move again because the 100lb piece of petrified wood hurt there back!

Thats just their jealousy talking!

On 9/7/2019 at 8:51 PM, caldigger said:

Thats just their jealousy talking!

Might think so but I have no fossil friends around here (better to keep my spots safe ;) )

When your first date is "rocky".

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

When you convince your wife that your next vacation should be to see Niagara Falls, but you will only go if a detour is made to Penn Dixie along the way. She doesn’t care about the fossils, but you convince her there are plenty of other activities in the area for her to do for the day (even though you don’t have a clue what is around...). True story... ;) 

• I found this Informative 3

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

When you go upstairs to grab something from your room and end up staring at your fossils for a while, forgetting what you came upstairs for in the first place :DOH:

• I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 1

On 9/12/2019 at 9:14 AM, FossilNerd said:

When you convince your wife that your next vacation should be to see Niagara Falls, but you will only go if a detour is made to Penn Dixie along the way. She doesn’t care about the fossils, but you convince her there are plenty of other activities in the area for her to do for the day (even though you don’t have a clue what is around...). True story... ;) 

My wife convinced me to go to Niagara falls and I said ok if we can take the boys to Penn Dixie since we are so close.  I also was able to sneak Aurora, NC into the schedule when we went down to NC as well.  :D

• I found this Informative 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:21 PM, paulyb135 said:

When you go upstairs to grab something from your room and end up staring at your fossils for a while, forgetting what you came upstairs for in the first place :DOH:

On 9/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, peystone said:

When slowly the dvds and book are getting packed up and put into storage, in favor for space to display fossils.

Guilty on both accounts...and I don't even have an upstairs!

On 9/18/2019 at 1:35 AM, caldigger said:

Guilty on both accounts...and I don't even have an upstairs!

When you add an upstairs just for fossils.

1 hour ago, Scylla said:

When you add an upstairs just for fossils.

Or add an extra wing/ outbuilding onto the house just to accommodate the extra stock.

When you go back to a site every week until it becomes too dangerous to collect and the property owners closes it to collecting.

This may have been stated early on but I'm too lazy to look!

On 12/23/2011 at 7:20 PM, Auspex said:

-your Christmas tree is a cycad.

Or at least a Norfolk Pine -- Araucaria heterophylla

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.