Signs That You May, In Fact, Be Obsessed With Fossils

Missourian

The house you end up buying is perfect cuz it has a great garage you can set up a fossil lab in.

You spend your hard-earned cash on a European vacation and visit no castles, art museums, etc, and only spend a few days with the relatives oyu only see once every few years.

no, cause none of us have a problem, but there is a support program for family members, it's called "the door"

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

no, cause none of us have a problem, but there is a support program for family members, it's called "the door"

:rofl:

Welcome to the forum!

Indy's post got me to thinking...

* If you have ever taken fossils to a job interview, you might be a fossil nut.

* If you spent more on your fossil collection than you did on your education, you might be a fossil enthusiast.

* If your life’s goal is to find a complete eurypterid, you might be a fossil finder.

* If your wife has ever said, “Move your fossils so I can take a bath,” you might be a fossil freak.

* If you were ever out fossil hunting when any of your kids was born, you might be a fossil basket case.

* If you keep a can of aerosol finish in your car to spray on flaky fossils, you might be a fossil fiend.

* If you use your bathroom sink more frequently to wash fossils than your hands, you might be a fossil bird.

* If a uniformed officer has ever asked why you were wandering along a stream bank, you might be a fossil guy.

* If you have ever had difficulty deciding whether to finish coaxing a cephalopod out of a matrix or find a way to stop the bleeding, you might be a fossil fan.

* If you frequently misspell everyday words but always type “Adelophthalmus” or “Pharkidonotus” correctly, you might be a fossil nerd.

* If your kids take “rocks” with heads, tails or legs to “Show and Tell,” you might be a fossil fan.

* If you saved lots of money on your honeymoon because you went fossil hunting, you might be a fossil fellow.

* If you think taking your wife on a cruise means circling around an abandoned quarry, you might be a fossil maniac.

* If part of your fossil collection has become part of the décor at your mother’s house, you might be a fossil hound. :)

Is there a "12 Step Program" for those addicted to fossils? :o

no, cause none of us have a problem, but there is a support program for family members,

it's called "the door"

Oh, that's funny

tracer would be impressed :D

Edited by Indy

Flash from the Past (Show Us Your Fossils)
MAPS Fossil Show

Indy's post got me to thinking...

* If you have ever taken fossils to a job interview, you might be a fossil nut.

* If you spent more on your fossil collection than you did on your education, you might be a fossil enthusiast.

* If your life’s goal is to find a complete eurypterid, you might be a fossil finder.

* If your wife has ever said, “Move your fossils so I can take a bath,” you might be a fossil freak.

* If you were ever out fossil hunting when any of your kids was born, you might be a fossil basket case.

* If you keep a can of aerosol finish in your car to spray on flaky fossils, you might be a fossil fiend.

* If you use your bathroom sink more frequently to wash fossils than your hands, you might be a fossil bird.

* If a uniformed officer has ever asked why you were wandering along a stream bank, you might be a fossil guy.

* If you have ever had difficulty deciding whether to finish coaxing a cephalopod out of a matrix or find a way to stop the bleeding, you might be a fossil fan.

* If you frequently misspell everyday words but always type “Adelophthalmus” or “Pharkidonotus” correctly, you might be a fossil nerd.

* If your kids take “rocks” with heads, tails or legs to “Show and Tell,” you might be a fossil fan.

* If you saved lots of money on your honeymoon because you went fossil hunting, you might be a fossil fellow.

* If you think taking your wife on a cruise means circling around an abandoned quarry, you might be a fossil maniac.

* If part of your fossil collection has become part of the décor at your mother’s house, you might be a fossil hound. :)

Great list Roanoker....it is very clear to me that I do have a "fossil problem" :)

"The road to success is always under construction." Author Unknown.

A conversation....

"Hey, check out this Pterygotus I found, it's the....."

"Another rock? Dude, you're obsessed....."

"But it's a Pterygotus. That eurypterid is the most....."

"You need to get out more."

"I do get out more. Where do you think fossils are?"

"Who spends all their time going around picking up rocks?"

"How is that different than spending every waking moment fishing?"

"Well, everybody goes fishing."

"So I should go do something only if everyone else is doing it?"

".... Man, you're obsessed....."

Context is critical.

• 3 months later...

Here's more-

During Thanksgiving instead of cutting the turkey you prep it with an airscribe.

At work you don't write on paper you write on shale.

You always raised your hand in school just so you could go up to the slate board and look for fossils.

This happend to me recently:

Your doctor adds annother pill for you to take and you're happy because that means more pill bottles for shark teeth...

So your saying that all these things that I am doing are not normal? :blink:

• 4 months later...

- You take the night shift so you can have more daylight to collect.

While on night shift you use a flashlight to collect from the rocks behind your workplace while on break.

Yep, I am guilty of that one.

Edited by Raistlin

Robert
Southeast, MO

You go out for your weekly groceries and realize you can't fit them in the car because of the tools, shovels, saws , crates, boxes, boots, helmets, safety equipment and rocks that permanantly live in the car, just in case........

You go out for your weekly groceries and realize you can't fit them in the car because of the tools, shovels, saws , crates, boxes, boots, helmets, safety equipment and rocks that permanantly live in the car........

...... alongside the flats of fossils that haven't made it into the house yet.

Context is critical.

...... alongside the flats of fossils that haven't made it into the house yet.

Your garage is getting so full of plates and rocks that you have to start putting more some place else or be forced to park outside.

Yep, on my way to that point as well. :P

Robert
Southeast, MO

Your garage is getting so full of plates and rocks that you have to start putting more some place else or be forced to park outside.

Start?

Context is critical.

Haha, I am just getting starting in collecting. I bring home stuff for some day to start prepping.

Soon I may have to start putting things else where.

Robert
Southeast, MO

• 2 weeks later...

you can't find that 15 lb rock your looking for in your living room...

Been there,done that.With a large fossil tree stump.

Bear-dog.

• 2 months later...

This is HILARIOUS! And, unfortunately, so true! I've been bitten by the fossil bug(s)! Bev :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts: