Triarthurus And Others...

ebrocklds

Solius,

You dropped that "lose-the-leg" comment before, and my brain just locked up...

Please take good care and heal well! I'm not the praying sort, but I'll give it a try.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Solius,

Those are some amazing Trilobites,WOW!I feel fortunate I have scaled mesa's and box canyon walls and never had anything more than bumps,bruises and the occasional cactus bite me.Take care of that leg and get the rest your suppose to be getting.

We are all merely curators for the next generation.

Guest solius symbiosus

Thanks for the concern. Auspex, normally a wound like this wouldn't be a problem, but I suffer from other complications that inhibit the healing of wounds to the lower extremities. I'm thinking 6-8 months to heal, but we'll see.

Solius, maybe after you're healed up (if not sooner), I can drive down there and you can take me for a little tour of "easy" sites. You don't have to feel pressured or obligated, though. And...hopefully someday you can come up here and show me what I'm doing wrong in my little trilobite holes... (I found a new one, by the way.)

Guest solius symbiosus

^Most of my sites are an easy walk. Anytime you want to make down this way, shoot me a PM. When I collected in NY, it was the first time that I collected with someone that shares the hobby, and I must say, it is nice to be able to converse with like minded individuals.

Guest solius symbiosus

I finally got the stitches removed yesterday. It is healing... slowly. The white areas are where the skin is starting to slough off; The doc said that will happen for a while. It doesn't really hurt anymore, but yesterday I was walking around campus, and I think it loosened it up a bit, so there was some stinging last night, but it was nothing that ibuprophen couldn't fix. ;)

The pic is from a cell phone, so the quality isn't that good.

post-179-1220573875_thumb.jpg

At least you are healing, that's very good. Have a speedy recovery!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Uff Da! Still hurts to see it :(

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Brock never showed us any of his finds yet, unless I missed something. (Coming from a guy like me who hasn't posted one picture yet, mainly because I don't have any thing so spectacular.) I'm just curious....not being pushy....

I would love to go with someone to that site, while it's still accessible, and spend at least a few days there....

Brock never showed us any of his finds yet...

I suspect that Brock will post them when he's got them perfectly prepared. Patience will be rewarded, Grasshopper! ;)

Guest solius symbiosus

I don't want to speak for Brock, but I think that he is busy with other projects until the end of the year. Maybe he will get to them then.

Here are a few that I cut out tonight. They haven't been prepped, and all are approximately 1 cm in length.

post-179-1220580564_thumb.jpg

post-179-1220580600_thumb.jpg

post-179-1220580626_thumb.jpg

post-179-1220580642_thumb.jpg

Those are exciting, Solius; a lot of folks would give an arm and a leg for bugs like that, and you bloody near did!

• 1 month later...
Guest solius symbiosus

I went to the doc today, and it appears that the leg has taken a turn for the worse. He is going to try some different treatments in an effort to get the thing to heal.

Hear is a photo that I took with my cell phone.

post-179-1223491800_thumb.jpg

I went to the doc today, and it appears that the leg has taken a turn for the worse. He is going to try some different treatments in an effort to get the thing to heal.

Hear is a photo that I took with my cell phone.

post-179-1223491800_thumb.jpg

Don't fool around with that leg - it can be serious.

didn't the stitches hold it together? or is an infection opening it back up? it looks a whole lot better than it did the last time i saw it though.

good luck solius

Brock

darn.

Make sure you get the best medical care you can. Don't be passive in dealing with that issue. I don't want to have to come up there with my weegie broad and talk seance into you.

If all else fails, start hanging out with one of those ADHD biker gang members or something. I've heard that hyper-barbarian therapy helps heal wounds.

Be proactive.

Guest solius symbiosus
didn't the stitches hold it together? or is an infection opening it back up? it looks a whole lot better than it did the last time i saw it though.

good luck solius

Brock

Yes, the stitches held it together, and no, It is not infected. The tissue is starting to necrose due to circulatory problems.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest solius symbiosus

I start going to a wound care treatment center on Monday. I took this while changing the dressing tonight. It is a bit swollen, but the color looks good.

post-179-1225521857_thumb.jpg

WOW that still looks bad, I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope the Docs can find something that works soon for you.