Triarthurus And Others...

ebrocklds

Guest N.AL.hunter

Man I had no idea you were still going through this ordeal. Must take a lot of intestinal fortitude to put up with it. Wish you the best in healing more quickly.

Looks like the circulatory issues are over, now it just may be a matter of getting you on the right antibiotic therapy. Wounds can be very tough because they are usually polymicrobial infections. Good luck and take whatever they tell you for as long as they tell you. If you think antibiotics are expensive, wait until you see the bill for an amputation!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

I just cringe at the sight of your injury, but I can't imagine having to live with a wound...

All I can say is you're tough as shale!

Hope you've turned the corner on the healing process.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

still there but alot smaller than it was. and you are right the color looks alot better than the last pictures. dont' give up. it will heal.

Brock

ps, i still haven't prepped my triarthurus stuff, how about you solius?

Guest Nicholas

Well hopefully thinks will look up for you Solius, and the progression of healing speeds up for you. It was a nasty gash and nasty gashes take forever to heal. Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nicholas
How is your leg doing now Solius? Hope things have improved for ya.

I'm curious as well, even my family has been asking... "How's that fossil dude's leg...."

Guest solius symbiosus

About the same, maybe a little worse. This is current pic. The necrosis is still spreading, but the collor is looking better.

112408.jpg

WOW, you poor dear, it doesn't look any better than it did the last time that I talked to you about it. I can't believe that it is taking so long. Have the docs told you why it is not healing? It looks like it is still quiet painful. I hope that it gets better some.

Guest solius symbiosus

Yea, it hurts, but it is nothing that I can't deal with. The problems with the healing are from some DVTs that I suffered about 8 years ago; they messed up the circulation in my lower extremities.

Wow is all I can say. I wish you the best in your healing. I can't even imagine what you're going through or what you've been through for that matter. I'm certainly glad to see that you've kept posting on here, that is a good sign IMHO that you've the will to beat this thing.

Kevin Wilson

Man Solius I wish I could give you some snake oil for that leg!

I hope your leg gets better very soon.

Those are also some exciting trilos you have there!

Guest solius symbiosus

Thanks for the concern people. I am to spend a few weeks in the Rockies next summer, but I'm thinking that I might have to forgo the trip due to the injury... , but here is to hoping.

Thanks for the concern people. I am to spend a few weeks in the Rockies next summer, but I'm thinking that I might have to forgo the trip due to the injury... , but here is to hoping.

At times hope and faith are what you can count on.. and your parents to kick you off the computer right on time, of course XD

Turok1copy.png

Guest solius symbiosus
Rest up! Ask the dock for medical maggots, they do wonders apparently.

Maggots are used for removing necrotic tissue; they gave me an enzyme salve for that purpose, but all the dead stuff comes off when I change the dressing, so that is not really a problem. There has been no infection... I have been off antibiotics for two months. The problem is getting oxygenated blood to the wound to supply the cells necessary for repair.

Oh man, that looks like it hurts! The worst I've ever done is smash a few fingers open with my hammer and that hurt like ****. I sure hope it heals up for ya. How much does the hyperbaric treatment cost?

Guest solius symbiosus

I don't really know, but since my wife passed, and I have a dependent child, the state is going to cover the cost of my treatment while in school.

I don't really know, but since my wife passed, and I have a dependent child, the state is going to cover the cost of my treatment while in school.

Glad to hear the State is going to help out now. Hope the treatment works good for you and you can get back out there hunting soon. SEnding good mojo your way.