Really My Obsession Is Not Out Of Control....

obsessed1

I have it all packed up for the trip to the museum tomorrow..but I will take some pics of the sockets as soon as I get home. Due to how fragile it is most are still full of sandy matrix and some were damaged when the snout came apart. But I will do my best!

Wow! You mentioned your skull to me on the beach but I had no idea it was this nice! Awesome find.

-steve

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Nice skull, my guess would be that it is some type of Eurhinodelphis judging by the size of the beak. I haven't had much luck with dolphins, all my luck comes with reptiles for some reason. although i'm not complaining.

Good salvage work, Obsessed1! I imagine the family is pretty excited....

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

"Megs? We don't need no stinking Megs!"

Unbelievable! :o:wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I also took a partial skull which he IDed as: Kentriodon Pernix That one was found last year at a different beach.

I also took a partial skull which he IDed as: Kentriodon Pernix That one was found last year at a different beach.

Cool. Post a picture of that when you have time. I found a squamosal on Tuesday of potentially a species not known from Calvert Cliffs yet...but we aren't 100% on that.