2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Year!

JohnJ

2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Year  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Place your vote for the Invertebrate/Plant Find of the Year.

• 1. Pterocephalia norfordi 4cm trilobite from the Upper Cambrian McKay Group in British Columbia, Canada
    • 2. Double Ammonites in matrix from the Jurassic of Germany
    • 3. Pleurocystites cystoids with Isotomocrinus crinoid crown from the Ordovician age Bobcaygeon Formation in Ontario, Canada
    • 4. Hemipteran insect (part and counterpart) from the Lower Middle Eocene Allenby Formation of British Columbia, Canada
    • 5. Unknown 5 mm fossil Fly from the Eocene Fur Formation of Mors, Denmark
    • 6. Guichenia dufouri trilobite with associated Phacopidina micheli trilobite from the Dariwillian - Ordovician south of Rennes, France
    • 7. Palaeonephrops browni lobster from the Cretaceous Bearpaw Formation of Montana, USA
    • 8. Florissantia speirii fossil flower from the Oligocene Little Butte Volcanic Series of Oregon, USA
    • 9. Acanthocrinus spinosus crinoid from the Devonian Windom Shale of New York, USA
    • 10. Crinoid slab from the Mississippian Ste. Genevieve Limestone in Alabama, USA
    • 11. Oklahomacrinus sp. crinoid from the Pennsylvanian age formations in Texas, USA
    • 12. Mecoptera non det., Scorpionfly from the Lower Cretaceous Daohugou Formation in Nei Mongol, China

With another year of fossils behind us, it is time to decide your favorite Invertebrate / Plant winner from 2011! Take your time and consider all the factors that contribute to elevating one find above the others. Now, cast your vote for the 2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find of the Year!

The voting will end on Friday, January 13th. You can vote in our other contest HERE.

January 2011 IPFOTM

1. Pterocephalia norfordi 4cm trilobite from the Upper Cambrian McKay Group in British Columbia, Canada

post-420-0-74489900-1325797643_thumb.jpg

February 2011 IPFOTM

2. Double Ammonites in matrix from the Jurassic of Germany

post-420-0-59590100-1325797689_thumb.jpg

March 2011 IPFOTM

3. Pleurocystites cystoids with Isotomocrinus crinoid crown from the Ordovician age Bobcaygeon Formation in Ontario, Canada

post-420-0-99719800-1325797781_thumb.jpg

April 2011 IPFOTM

4. Hemipteran insect (part and counterpart) from the Lower Middle Eocene Allenby Formation of British Columbia, Canada

post-420-0-01079900-1325797865_thumb.jpg

May 2011 IPFOTM

5. Unknown 5 mm fossil Fly from the Eocene Fur Formation of Mors, Denmark

post-420-0-71669300-1325797968_thumb.jpg

June 2011 IPFOTM

6. Guichenia dufouri trilobite with associated Phacopidina micheli trilobite from the Dariwillian - Ordovician south of Rennes, France

post-420-0-69934900-1325798024_thumb.jpg

July 2011 IPFOTM

7. Palaeonephrops browni lobster from the Cretaceous Bearpaw Formation of Montana, USA

post-420-0-31495800-1325798105_thumb.jpg

August 2011 IPFOTM

8. Florissantia speirii fossil flower from the Oligocene Little Butte Volcanic Series of Oregon, USA

post-420-0-29330500-1325798170_thumb.jpg

September 2011 IPFOTM

9. Acanthocrinus spinosus crinoid from the Devonian Windom Shale of New York, USA

post-420-0-44210300-1325798238_thumb.jpg

October 2011 IPFOTM

10. Crinoid slab from the Mississippian Ste. Genevieve Limestone in Alabama, USA

post-420-0-74293500-1325798428_thumb.jpg

November 2011 IPFOTM

11. Oklahomacrinus sp. crinoid from the Pennsylvanian age formations in Texas, USA

post-420-0-42167400-1325798583_thumb.jpg

December 2011 IPFOTM

12. Mecoptera non det., Scorpionfly from the Lower Cretaceous Daohugou Formation in Nei Mongol, China

post-420-0-38315600-1325872403_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

You thought finding fossils was hard...try deciding this.

eat%20popcorn.gif

I'm having a hard time deciding even though I have two fossils in the running :unsure:

I've narrowed it down to NorthernShark's incredible Pleurocystites cystoid plate, or piranha's Florissantia speirii flower or oilshale's Mecoptera.

Dan

It took me 3 days to decide on this one.

It took me 3 days to decide on this one.

Kind of a nice problem to have, dontcha' think? :)

Nothing but eye candy... :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

:P

This one is a horse race...wait, that would be vertebrate...be back later.

:zzzzscratchchin:

Toughest vote yet. The great thing is the class of fossils from TFF members. Obviously world class

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Toughest vote yet. The great thing is the class of fossils from TFF members. Obviously world class

No doubt. Fossils and members. :)

If you haven't voted, NOW is the time!

eat%20popcorn.gifeat%20popcorn.gif

Fair warning; the tie-breaker is a swimsuit competition... :o

Please vote!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Fair warning; the tie-breaker is a swimsuit competition... :o

Please vote!

:D

We will save that for MOTM...I don't want to see a cystoid or flower in a swimsuit. :o

(...going to look at a humerus to remove those images from my mind....)

The Poll will close at the top of the hour (about 30 minutes from the time on this post).

Meg%20Dance.gif