January 2012 Finds Of The Month

JohnJ

The miilipede has my vote. For now! I managed to go out today as all the snow has melted and it was +6 C today. I forgot my hammer! Left in my backyard of all places! So all I could do was pull out some slabs. They are now out of my vehicle and resting in my backyard. I will start looking at them tomorrow as I have to get ready for the Canada Mexico women's football 2012 semi final Olympic Concacaf qualifier.

Somedays football trumps fossils and sometimes ...

John

"Blimey! Would you look at the size of that!"
McAbee is the other woman!

Mikeymig - like the picture and the idea for display.

John J - I put some photos in recent finds under (A bad day fossicking beats a good day at work ....)

This time I spelled work properly

Mike

Mikeymig - like the picture and the idea for display.

John J - I put some photos in recent finds under (A bad day fossicking beats a good day at work ....)

This time I spelled work properly

Mike

Ahh, I missed those earlier. Excellent work. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Here is my late entry, I met a few forum members out at the North Sulphur River on Saturday the 28th.Joining me were Dave Bowen,Slickflint and his friend Jim,and Tx Fossil Hound."In no particular order:)" I was very fortunate to have found this excellently preserved partial teleost fish.Both sides are there"yay",and there is a string of verts running through as well.Tx fossil Hound ID'd the find at once as Holoptyrex.

I just finished removing the shale and enjoyed the short prep job.

The fossil appears to be replaced with pyrite on the outsite with nice colors blushing through what's left of the gill plate area.

Holoptyrex sp.

Upper Cretaceous

Taylor group

North Sulphur River,Tx

post-417-0-69176800-1327988503_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-52142600-1327988552_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-05713600-1327988591_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-36418400-1327988673_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-45451700-1327988716_thumb.jpg

post-417-0-87350600-1327988752_thumb.jpg

That is a great piece of fish Barry, as thin as it is I can't believe it didn't break to pieces during the big flood. Congratulations on that find and good luck on your hunt today.