Sign in to follow this  
bdevey

Buy The Accidental Ins Or Warranty

bdevey

Had an accident with my camera, I bought Less than 6 months ago. It was a Nikon S4000, I got a great deal on it, but blew it, by not buying the accident ins or warranty... I'm not sure what I was thinking as the salesman tried to talk me into it. But I refused, even though I planed on climbing mountains and crossing rivers, Lol................. Arrg I don't like tossing $100 in the trash.

So I'm looking to buy a new camera. Price wise, I'm looking at the Nikon S4100 and the Cannon Elph 100 ES.

I like the touch screen on the Nikon and the fact it should be easy to use [for me] because I'm use to my last Nikon... but I like the Idea of the Cannon for its 1080 Hd video, but not the fact that it don't zoom, in vid mod.

Any thoughts, or other camera ideas. I mostly take landscape and macro, but decent video clips are important.

Bob

tracer

there are lots of camera review/comparison webpages online.

advertex

I would suggest you have a look at www.dpreview.com - It is one of the best web pages for comparing digital cameras. This web page goes into an amazing level of detail. On the top tool bar there is a “cameras tab” click on this and then select the compare side by side. This will enable you to compare multiple cameras side by side to look at the one that best suits you. Personally I use Canon most of the time, although I have a Nikon and Olympus set up. Olympus cameras offer very good value for money!

pleecan

One of the most versatile cameras that I have found recently are a class of cameras that are live view mirrorless digital with interchangeable lens.... these cameras allow a variety of uses from macro to landscape and they can utilize lenses built for 35mm film cameras via adapters under $50 hence I now own several of them... good luck on your search...

bdevey

Thanks for the comments Guys. Great link Advertex, and welcome to the forum. I think, I may have made up my mind? I was out shopping and, I ran into the Olympus vg-140, and the Super Macro was fun to play with, and something I would like to have in a camera. But still researching.

jes4him

One of the most versatile cameras that I have found recently are a class of cameras that are live view mirrorless digital with interchangeable lens.... these cameras allow a variety of uses from macro to landscape and they can utilize lenses built for 35mm film cameras via adapters under $50 hence I now own several of them... good luck on your search...

Can you recommend one or two of these mirrorless camera's for macro purposes?