Kehbe

Portable Light Box!

Kehbe

My wife bought this for me several years ago when I was taking pictures of my 1960's Matchbox Car collection and she just pulled it out of storage so I can take better pictures of my fossils! Isn't she the best! :) It actually folds up nice and neat with pockets for the lights and tripod. I could have been using it this whole time but I forgot all about it! Heres a couple of pics...

post-7046-0-33224500-1326509301_thumb.jpgpost-7046-0-80923800-1326509308_thumb.jpg

post-7046-0-98384700-1326509316_thumb.jpgpost-7046-0-88405400-1326509325_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gypsy for takin care of me! :)

xonenine

very nice lightbox!

Vordigern

cool, where did she get it?

Kehbe

cool, where did she get it?

She got it from LTD Commodities! http://www.ltdcommodities.com/ but that was about 5 years ago and I just went to their site and done a search and didn't find it. She paid $49.00 for it and I found one very similar on Amazon but it is $45.00 to $60.00 depending on new or used. http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B001O5B9ZU It works well even with my cheesy little camera and I like how small a package it folds up into!

Cris

Hmmmm, very interesting. Any chance we could see some photos of fossils that were taken with the light box? Even if you have a "cheesy little camera", we should still be able to see how the lighting is. I've been wanting to get a light box lately, so I'm very curious.

Kehbe

I will take more photos tomorrow but for tonight I have only one. It is the second sponge in this post... http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php/topic/26713-possible-pennsylvanian-sponge/page__fromsearch__1 The one with the black background was taken in the lightbox! I had gotten pretty good at it with my old camera when I first got this box but I have a different camera now and will have to experiment a little bit to get it right! I'll post more pictures on this thread as I play with it! :)

Bullsnake

Sweet setup Kehbe!!! Hey, that's my camera!

xonenine

nice results Kehbe - there are many good plans on the internet for making your own lightbox, with many options.From cardboard to more permanent plywood boxes, with windows covered for diffuse lighting, tips how to drape the backgrounds, etc...

they are all so different I won't really tout one in particular, I would just sat google "Lightbox plans" and have at it, for the adventurous.Myself, the next one will be detachable panels rather than a solid box, a box doesnt last me a week w the cats...

32fordboy

That's almost the exact same light box I use for all my photos. It is very handy and you can stick it just about anywhere to keep it out of the way.