Best Place To Find A Megalodon Tooth

Jocky

If you want a place where you can search and find one yourself -- there are a limited set of well known locations that have easy access and numerous Megs.. I would find the closest of those to Qatar and plan my adventure. SS

Yep I want to find one myself and still have my collection only containing items that I have personally found.

I do not know how to SCUBA and have no inclination to learn. I have few talents and swimming is not one of them.

I am willing to travel far and wide to get a MEG. i just need a few more sites to research and I will organise a trip especially.

CHEERS

• 7 months later...

Also take alook at you tube venice boneyard where they dive for teeth from meg and other sharks plus mamoth and whale ear bones i thnk it is, its what i would like to do, man over board makes diving trips for ok money i think.!

Regards

Meint

www.skph.dk

• 3 years later...

Sharks routinely drop teeth their whole life. That's why there's so many, not only Megs, but shark teeth of all types.

As well as the fact that any tooth is made of MUCH more durable materials than most other body parts, and since sharks shed thousands of teeth in their lifetime (over the millions of years that X, Y, and Z species existed), that is many millions of teeth that in one degree of preservation or another, have a good chance of being fossilized.

My collection only contains fossils that I find myself but I want a MEG.

If you had the choice of any location in the world to find a MEG where would it be?

CHEERS

I haven't found any megs yet (unfourtunatlely), but if you watch blackriverfossils on youtube, he has a good number of videos of him finding a good number of quality meg teeth in Summerville, SC.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

"As you can see from TFF, one of the great choices is Scuba diving -- I could do that , but it is more expensive, I am much older than the average scuba diver, and I do not want to test the temptation to go deeper and deeper in search of the elusive perfect Meg."

The oldest student I taught to dive was an 82 year old woman. You're never too old. The most difficult portion of dive training is getting people to feel comfortable in an environment they are not used to being in.

If I were in a place that had fossils in the water like you south easterners I would be in the water every spare minute I had. I have had a lot of experience in complete blind diving during green outs and brackish water and very strong currents so I'd be right at home in those rivers. I keep telling myself...someday, I'll go back there.

caldigger

I live in Murfreesboro NC, on the Meherrin so if you ever want to come to the east coast and dive let me know. Oh by the way I have a boat.

Craig

Craig, Thank you for the generous offer. If i ever find my way back to the east coast again I might take you up on it.

Thanks again,

Doren

Hey hi Jocky,

If You are planning to try and find Your meg tooth for Your collection-- make sure that the Country will allow You to export it after You find it. Many will not allow the export of fossils anymore.

Good luck on the hunt!

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Archived