New Displays + Shark Teeth

Sharktoothguy11222

OK, so I got some new riker displays for my b-day, but, I procrastinate too much, and, I finally got around to moving my collection into them.

I cleared out one of my dressers of old clothes, and the first two rows of the cabinet have fossils in them.

post-282-1219692011_thumb.jpg - An overview. My lizard cage, with one of my Bearded Dragons(I have 2)

post-282-1219692032_thumb.jpg His name is Rex. Isn't he nice lookin ;)

The first rowpost-282-1219692079_thumb.jpg

the second rowpost-282-1219692113_thumb.jpg

the other side of the dresserpost-282-1219692121_thumb.jpg

Before, I had my teeth in a lot of small rikers scattered about the top of my desk. Now, it looks much better :D

Now, all I need are a few hundred megs, and then my dreams will come true(well, at least one of them :P)

post-282-1219692208_thumb.jpg

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

Here's my Bone Valley display case.post-282-1219692603_thumb.jpg

I was wondering how any of the other members label their stuff. I put the ID tags in next to the fossils, but I have heard, that some people use India Ink, to write on the fossils.

I guess, in a summary, how do you keep track of your vast collection.

[

Before, I had my teeth in a lot of small rikers scattered about the top of my desk. Now, it looks much better :D

It must have been hard to chew!! :D:o

[

It must have been hard to chew!! :D:o

lol :D

hi!

very nice!!

where can i buy boxes like that?

greet Sean

Do a google search for "Riker Mounts" there are a lot of websites that sell them so shop around for the best price.

I bought mine from Potomac Display.

Here is the link to their riker displays. http://www.potomacdisplay.com/pd_catalog.c...t=on&tt=861

They are fairly expensive, but these are the cheapest ones i could fine shopping around. They offer great deals on the rikers, when you buy various sizes.

The only that really hurts, is the shipping. It cost me over $35 to ship 2 big boxes via UPS for only a few hundred miles.

Great way to organize, protect, and display. Too bad they only come in black; I can think of a couple colors that would go better with all those Lee Creek teeth you're going to find in two years :D

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great way to organize, protect, and display. Too bad they only come in black; I can think of a couple colors that would go better with all those Lee Creek teeth you're going to find in two years :D

you reminded me Auspex. Only 692 days until I am old enough to get into LEE CREEK!!!!

Yep, I do wish they cam in more colors. Then I might be able to color code the fossils accordingly to the display. Hmmmm, I see a new invention coming to light ;)

I used to lay colored felt over the white floss to help things stand out more and look better overall. I'd have a piece big enough to hang over so it could be held down with the same pins that you ue to secure the boxes. Worked pretty well.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!