crinus

Crinus' Personal Website

crinus
What is happen to your Psychopyge elegans' dagger (median cephalic point)?

The dagger was not there. You can't see it in the photo but there is a space in front for the dagger. I would rather leave it like it is than try to put a fake dagger in.

crinus

crinus
Have you seen the Mamayocaris from Mazon Creek? I bet you will try to buy it! :P

Very nice collection with wonderful bugs!

I haven't seen it. I assume that you mean that it is on ebay. I have been on the road and have limited internet access. I will go now and take a look. Probably will not buy it. They seem to go high.

crinus

isurus90064

Excellent fossils!

ayahuang
Excellent fossils!

yups.. many excellent fossils! :)

crinus

My web site is moving to:

www.crinus.info

The move to the new site allows me to post unlimited images. I have already added many more fossil images to the site.

As time permits, I hope to continue adding specimens from my collection.

Hope you enjoy the site.

crinus

Irradiatus

Those Before and Afters truly blow my mind!

It makes me yearn for the day when I have money to invest in proper tools...

Kudos!

Ron E.
My web site is moving to:

www.crinus.info

The move to the new site allows me to post unlimited images. I have already added many more fossil images to the site.

As time permits, I hope to continue adding specimens from my collection.

Hope you enjoy the site.

crinus

Congrats on your own domain name. Feels good, doesn't it? ;-)

Please fix the graphic on http://www.crinus.info/otherfossils/data/platy.htm, I want to see your platyceras! I have tons of those dudes in my local rocks, I'd like to see yours :)

crinus
Congrats on your own domain name. Feels good, doesn't it? ;-)

Please fix the graphic on http://www.crinus.info/otherfossils/data/platy.htm, I want to see your platyceras! I have tons of those dudes in my local rocks, I'd like to see yours :)

OK, I fixed it. Thanks for pointing out the problem. Let me warn you that, that is not the typical Platyceras. And on top of that, that Platyceras conicum in not typical. Platyceras conicum is normally a cone, so the tip should be pointed straight up. That is not a typical is Platyceras. I will try and add a typical Platyceras once I get a chance.

crinus

Ravsiden

Very nice job, Excelebnt pictures.

Keep up the work :)

crinus

Very nice job, Excelebnt pictures.

Keep up the work :)

Thanks for all the positive from everyone. I have added a lot more fossils since I first introduced the page. I hope to have it grow a lot more. Time is the only limiting factor. Thank God that retirement is around the corner and I will be able to devote more time to fossils and my web page.

crinus

trilobiteruss

Indeed as others have already said. An excellent and very useful website crinus. I have had a link to it even before I got on the forums. Very useful to id and get an idea of a number of specimens, I love the Ordovician material you have up. I have found a bit of that on ebay and at shows and built a small collection of material from near your home fields. Thanks for sharing this valuable resource Crinus!

Russ

crinus

Indeed as others have already said. An excellent and very useful website crinus. I have had a link to it even before I got on the forums. Very useful to id and get an idea of a number of specimens, I love the Ordovician material you have up. I have found a bit of that on ebay and at shows and built a small collection of material from near your home fields. Thanks for sharing this valuable resource Crinus!

Russ

Hi Russ

Thanks for the comments about my web site. I too love the Ordovician stuff. Unfortunately the quarry up in Canada has closed to collecting and there will be no more new stuff coming out. Hold on to what you have. Even I have been searching on ebay to find the occasional rare piece. I think you have several pieces from me.

crinus

fossiljunkie

great, great website and beautiful fossil specimens. i really enjoyed it. congratulations. :)B)

Wrangellian

Just checked out your site, I have to say it's more informative than many of the 'professional'/institutional sites I've seen, even considering just the Mazon Creek material. I'll be bookmarking that for sure. I too am yearning for a proper prep lab of my own but that may not happen for a while at least. I know you build your own cabinets, and you say you will sell the plans? How much? My dad and I have built a few different cabinets that are nice but they materialze way too slowly for the rate the fossils come in!

Eric

crinus

Just checked out your site, I have to say it's more informative than many of the 'professional'/institutional sites I've seen, even considering just the Mazon Creek material. I'll be bookmarking that for sure. I too am yearning for a proper prep lab of my own but that may not happen for a while at least. I know you build your own cabinets, and you say you will sell the plans? How much? My dad and I have built a few different cabinets that are nice but they materialze way too slowly for the rate the fossils come in!

Eric

Thanks for the comments about my site.

I am currently in the process of updating my site to include size and more information about each specimen as well as add more fossils. My current employment is to sit in an office and answer the occassional phone call so I am extremely bored. So what to I do, I play the forum arcade or work on my web site.

As for the cabinets, I am looking for a donation to our local fossil club ($20) which is tax deductible in the US. It is a 501©3 organization. The plans are not digitized (another thing I could do so since I am so bored) so I would have to send you a hard copy.

Have you checked out this web site Michigan Basin. It is another site that I spend some time working on. You will see some specimens on this site that are also on my site. I also do all the universtiy specimen on the site. A lot of Arkona, Ontario specimens on this site.

Edited by crinus

Cavey

Just one word, WOW

what a beautiful Crinoid collection!

fabulous preparing, great findings, my respect!

greets, Mart

crinus

Just one word, WOW

what a beautiful Crinoid collection!

fabulous preparing, great findings, my respect!

greets, Mart

Thanks. I has been a lot of years and a lot of work in the making. Hoping to grow it even more.

crinus

crinus

Hi Everyone

For the past couple of months I have been working on a update to my web site. Today I launched it. I have added over a hundred new specimens to the site. I also added a new category for "arthropods" and separated out the mollusks from "other fossils". To "Other fossils" fossils I have added Miscellaneous and Vertebrates (of which I have very few).

I have strived for accuracy but there is no guarantee that the IDs are 100% correct. I have contacted professionals as well as amateurs for help and would like to thanks them for all their assistance. Feel free to contact me if something is obviously wrong.

As in the past, please do not download or use the photos for your use without permission. I have actually found a few sites that used my photos on their web site rather than use a link. One person even had the gaul to refuse to take down the photo so I ended up contacting the hosting company and they eventually took down the photos.

Enjoy

As always, I hope to add more as new interesting specimens come into my collection.

crinus

http://www.crinus.info

Edited by crinus

squalicorax

Great website Crinus! Been looking at it for years. Amazing brachiopods!

Uncle Siphuncle

excellent. every specimen is smithsonian grade!

a great collection is composed of top shelf finds and prep; you sir exhibit both

Auspex

excellent. every specimen is smithsonian grade!...

Dan, some of his specimens are in the Smithsonian!

Uncle Siphuncle

now there's an honor

Shamalama

Joe - You have a superb collection and we are lucky that you share it with the world on your site. I always make sure to link to your site on my blog when referring to a specimen.

Malcolmt

A most excellent collection and one that I refer to first when I find something that I am questioning what it is.......

TMNH

Great site! I just noticed it (somehow I completely missed it before) and have already IDed a few arkona corals with it! :D Keep up the great work, that is a valuable resource for everyone on the Forum! :thumbsu:

Edited by TMNH