Big Waves, Big Erosion.

Metopocetus

I'm sure anyone in MD has noticed the very strong East winds the past few days. The waves we crashing high and hard at the beach today. Some slumps along the cliffs lost a lot. Low tide came around 7 tonight, so I went down there at 6...the water was low enough to walk but not great for collecting. Still frothy where the waves were rolling in. I did manage to find this....

post-680-1219966312_thumb.jpg

:D I can't wait for tomorrow and the weekend...the wind is calming down, the collecting should be fantastic.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping to get out to one of the sites this weekend.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium

Good Luck...I imagine the water will still be higher than normal at most places. ie brownies beach. But if you do get out there and there is walkable beach you will most like find some NICE fossils.

I was out at Brownies Beach today. There definitely seem to be more fossils than last week, but it was absolutely jammed with people, more than I have ever seen there. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium

I was out at Brownies Beach today. There definitely seem to be more fossils than last week, but it was absolutely jammed with people, more than I have ever seen there. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Cool, looking forward to the pictures. It looked like it was going to be a great collecting day, good gravel, low enough tide...found a few odds and ends but nothing too great. I'm hoping everyone will be driving home tomorrow :).

Love to see pictures. I'm looking forward to mid winter hunts along the cliffs -- have some elbow room then.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams