Coeymans Fossil

Stingray

Found this along time ago base rock appears to be Coeymans... There was a similiar post by Eros daveyboy42 a long while back ,,looks the same fossil but never really identified I'll try and link that below any more clues ?

http://www.thefossil...__fromsearch__1

Correct Poster information from link above

post-6587-0-29433800-1328828705_thumb.jpg

post-6587-0-65428400-1328828722_thumb.jpg

post-6587-0-94362400-1328828738_thumb.jpg

post-6587-0-42994200-1328828753_thumb.jpg

post-6587-0-06316500-1328828769_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stingray

Coeymans, as in Lower Devonian? What is the size of your object?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It reminds me of the messed-up Phacops molt casts I used to find at a site in VA, but a little larger.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Where did you find it? The negative cast reminds me more of the New Scotland. I have some Coeymans material including a few good orthoconic cephalopods. This could be a rather scrappy one. There are some slightly younger (Tristates Group-Onondaga) trilobites that were big enough to leave something like that but the stuff I know from the Coeyman was smaller.

Oh and I never posted anything quite like that.

Erose sorry about that corrected my posting ...As for where I found it the problem is that the boulder it came from was a glacial eratic ...In an area that does not hold either of those materials