Inversand Marl Pit Site

Towers11

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any further information on the inversand site in NJ? I've heard a lot about it but have never been there. Are there still decent findings there? Do you need permission to search there (and if so from who)?

I believe the site is now gone. :(

Search the Forum there was a post about this not too long ago.

EDIT: Found it - CLICK ME

Regards,

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

The only way to collect in the pit is to go with the NJ State Museum on one of their digs. I stopped by Inversand at the end of Novemeber to get a pic of the pit to go with the fossils I collected when I was there in June with the Museum when they did a huge dig there, I asked permission at the loading dock where a couple guys were working and they told me as long as I didnt go in the pit I could take as many pics as I wanted. There was a little more water in the pit than there had been in June but they were defintiely still mining on the opposite side of the pit. I also talked to a clerk in the municipal building and he said that while plans were going forward to sell and develope the land it was going to be a long process that would take several years and they fully expected more digs by the New Jersey State Mueseum so I suggest you check the Museums website for more info. In the past thier digs were in the late spring and early fall

Now theres a sand box to buy. Set up a non-profit to avoid realestate taxes and buy a good loader

I like the way youre thinking :)

Archived