I Need Help Identifying This Tooth Please!

devinh124

Found this tooth about 10 years ago while digging on some property of ours. It was found inland from the Charleston coast about 45 miles. Can someone please help me ID this tooth and an approximate age of the fossil? Any information somone has will be greatly helpful, here is a picture of it, ....post-8028-0-99086100-1329698127_thumb.jpgpost-8028-0-42638400-1329698140_thumb.jpg

It is from the giant shark Megalodon! I will let the shark experts fill in the rest of the information.

cheers,

-PzF

Do not believe any of what was told you ship item to me and I will properly dispose of said item...

No Just kidding you have a Meg tooth lower I believe. Meg teeth can be found in deposits along the eastern seaboard from Fl to VA on a common basis. If one knows where to look that is. They wash out of underlying deposits and wash down streams and rivers into the ocean. They can be found in mines that quarry different materials in the same states as mentioned above.But a regualr land fins is rare not unheard of but rare still.

Some of us will never find one in our lives, you find one by accident.. Cheers to you. Some on here would love to have your luck. I have found a few so far in my life but to not be hunting and find one impossible. I try to find one everytime I go hunt fossils getting lucky on occasion.. Thanks for sharing your story. Jeff/Tarheel

Yep, that is a Meg. Lucky you! You have one of my newest conquests. Thanks for sharing! :)

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

Pushin' 5"...that's a big 'un!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Congratulations,

Now go out and dig some more. The shark that was dinning with that "Pearl Grip" had a few hundred or so of them at any given time. Too be sure he left you a few more.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Archived