Raging Agatized Dino Vert

tracer

...It looks like the spinal cord may have lithified and been preserved somewhat...

Genuine nerves of stone. :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

a very nice piece of classic utah dinosaur bone. it looks like it is a therapod vert as well.

now for a shameless plug. i have a couple of rough chunck of this materail that i would sell if anyone is interested. pleas send me a pm as i am not trying to hijack this thread.

Brock

close ups of the "spinal cord" from the front and the back...

Not that I'm lookin' to get into a knife fight or anything, but couldn't the nerveway have simply filled with sediment?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Not that I'm lookin' to get into a knife fight or anything, but couldn't the nerveway have simply filled with sediment?

That's what I think. It does look like infill but it is possible, it's not always just the bone that fossilizes, as we all know.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Well, hope you get un-mad because I will bet you have a two headed dino somewhere,

and I wanted to see it. Try coffee, and see if that helps (with the un-madness). Works for

me...

Welcome to the forum!

Hmm, I kinda thought the fossil wood posts in the General Discussion section would get more comments and "Oh yeah, well look at THIS!" out-do-me pics to oogle. I really like cool colors and patterns and threw in a couple of teaser dino bone pictures. Dino bone is one of the coolest things on the planet. So anyway, look at THIS and see if it doesn't harden your lemonade. It's about seven inches across. It looks like the spinal cord may have lithified and been preserved somewhat, as you can see a slight protrusion (light in color) about halfway between the polished area and the "top" edge of the vert. It matches the material in the hole in the back of the thing. Lest anyone get upset over the cut/polished area on this display piece, let me add that I didn't do it. It was that way when I acquired it. But forgive me for liking it.

post-488-1220400147_thumb.jpg

Wow this one is one in a million! Great specimen.

The best days are spent collecting fossils